TAB Thread.

That's cool, no worries.

And I have both DVDs and all tabs, no need for that! :p Cheers though.
I should have known lol, true Bodom fan with all the work you put into those tabs! I wish I was anywhere near that good... Or even knew where to start lol

Well, I can't deny that. :D Been doing this since about 05/06, so rather 'experienced' in the playing styles of Mr. Laiho.

Well, I can't deny that. :D Been doing this since about 05/06, so rather 'experienced' in the playing styles of Mr. Laiho.
Yeah, I figured you must be having tabbed so much of his work... It's taking so much restraint not to start harrassing you with Bodom related theory questions and the like :p

Besides, the tabs provided by Rockhouse for their own DVD are wrong, even aside from Alexi playing it differently. Just so you know.

Besides, the tabs provided by Rockhouse for their own DVD are wrong, even aside from Alexi playing it differently. Just so you know.
Yeah I noticed a lot of the tabs weren't the same as what he was playing. I just watched his finger placement and stuff to get what he was actually playing... Still sucks that I had to do that after paying for the DVDs.

And those Kissing the Shadows solos still have some incorrect notes/positions. :)

I still can't believe I was like the first person to put out a tab of the correct way to play those outro sweeps. Every version has been wrong since 2001, wow.

You can't just say they are wrong without providing examples of where they are incorrect :lol: And could you show your tab of the outro sweeps, because the one in the first post doesn't seem correct. If you slow it down, you can hear the pattern is:
examplekts.jpg
etc...

You can't just say they are wrong without providing examples of where they are incorrect :lol: And could you show your tab of the outro sweeps, because the one in the first post doesn't seem correct. If you slow it down, you can hear the pattern is:
examplekts.jpg
etc...

I can at like 1am...:p

The sweeps basically go Emin, Diminished, Emin, Diminished, so the last shape contains the wrong notes (you tabbed Dmaj) but the rest is spot on.

This is the KTS solo tab of Epi and Mitch http://www.sendspace.com/file/m4nfw6
But this needs also a few corrections. I now I've corrected it a time ago but I don't have my tab anymore, so if anyone still has it then plz upload it here :)
But I can tell you which parts are not correct (well, the ones I can remind)

Bar 12, 23,24,42,44,45,46

Bar 12 is difficult, I will never claim my version to be correct, and I will probably never say any other tab is, because it's so hard to actually figure out exactly what he played. Epi did bar 12, I think.

23 & 24 are the right notes. Don't really care too much about the rhythm, because again, it'd be very hard to get it 100%.

42 & 44 are correct, it's the other tabs that show these wrong.

45 has the same notes as before, but I corrected the positioning to how I think it would be played. I checked a live video and saw him playing it the same way, so...

The sweeps basically go Emin, Diminished, Emin, Diminished, so the last shape contains the wrong notes (you tabbed Dmaj) but the rest is spot on.

I thought that too (the shape being diminished), but I swear that I hear Dmaj. Check it out, please tell me that I am not hearing things :lol:

And as far as the whammy bar stuff goes on my corrections, it is the same as Epi. I do not really bother tabbing the exact tremelo bar stuff nor do I find it that important.

Thanks for checking it out. Also, good job tabbing the new cover songs!

Damnit! I have a fradition / tradition (never knows what it is haha) guitar, that only has 22 bars... it's a freaking pain in the ass to bend the 22 bar every time there is a 24 note :erk:

A guitar with 22 frets is what you're looking for :lol: If you want to say the guitars with hollow body and nylon (plastic) strings those are classical/spanish guitars, and hollow body but metalic strings are acoustic guitars. Or something like that, but not "fradition guitar with 22 bars" :lol:

Bar 12 is difficult, I will never claim my version to be correct, and I will probably never say any other tab is, because it's so hard to actually figure out exactly what he played. Epi did bar 12, I think.

23 & 24 are the right notes. Don't really care too much about the rhythm, because again, it'd be very hard to get it 100%.

42 & 44 are correct, it's the other tabs that show these wrong.

45 has the same notes as before, but I corrected the positioning to how I think it would be played. I checked a live video and saw him playing it the same way, so...

Not all of what you claim is correct, IS correct.
Here is what I have (I only corrected the lead guitar) http://www.sendspace.com/file/eakrdy

Corrections:
Bar 5
Bar 6: 4th last note
Bar 8
Bars 9 and 10 were difficult. In bar 10 the last note before the vibrato is definitely a C and not a D because in bar 9 are 2 changes in the rythm which are really hard to hear at this speed.
Bar 12: I can't hear the first 3 notes really good but the rest is correct.
Bars 23/24 (not sure about the flutter shit on the last 3 notes)
Bars 26/27 (not sure about the fingerpositions in bar 26)
Bar 37/39: last sweep
Bar 41/43: last sweep
Bar 42/44: 2nd sweep
Bar 46-48
Bar 52 last note

EDIT: I've forgot the correction in bar 39

A guitar with 22 frets is what you're looking for :lol: If you want to say the guitars with hollow body and nylon (plastic) strings those are classical/spanish guitars, and hollow body but metalic strings are acoustic guitars. Or something like that, but not "fradition guitar with 22 bars" :lol:

I am fucking lost :erk:

I'll check out your tab later Arcane (can't at the moment)

Sorry to sound like a persistent douche bag (well... maybe I am, haha), but check out my corrections again.

And 'The Very End', Jose was trying to clarify that a traditional guitar is an acoustic or nylon guitar, and correcting you in your choice of words. You probably meant to say a standard 22 fret guitar...

I'll check out your tab later Arcane (can't at the moment)

Sorry to sound like a persistent douche bag (well... maybe I am, haha), but check out my corrections again.

I haven't noticed that you also made a correction :lol:, but as I can see you have the same I have for the outro sweeps and this is correct.

No worries, were not offended, just laughs at my own stupid mouth.. I am a norseman so my english knowlege is limited and my grammar is non-excisting :)

Thanks for clearing out the bars/fret thingy :p
Any guitars you would recommend for playing metall btw? 22 Bars guitar are not well suited, so I want a new one, hopefully one that gives great sound but at same times does not cost _THAT_ much. (If it tells you anything, betweeen 4000-8000 NOK)

Plenty of metal guitarists and shredders have regularly used 22 frets.

Dimebag, Gus G, Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhoads, Yngwie...