TAB Thread.

I've been getting pretty sloppy lately just playing my own bands stuff (I forgot how much of a workout cob songs were!) so thanks a lot for these tabs, hopefully I can get back into shredding shape, recently I've just been working on all rhythm and vocal at the same time stuff.

Hi everyone!
This is my first post so i guess i should tell a little bit about myselve.
My name is Simon and i'm from Slovenia. I play lead guitar in a melodic death metal band. I used to take piano lessons but not anymore. My idol is Alexi Laiho and i've been learning from him (not directly :D) a lot. I play guitar for about five years. I learned to play licks exactly Alexi plays them and i have the same finger movement even though it's not totally correct.
This thread has helped me a lot and i thank you guys for all tabs.
Keep rockin!:headbang:

Does anybody have any starts for a Northern Comfort tab? I won't start from the beginning but was thinking about doing a cover and just want to tab out the keys and guitars...

Thx dude! I think I will use Epi's tab for bass and drums and Haemlock's for keys and do the guitars by myself.

Don't know what acmebargig amps are but I don't use vst's anymore - except one for delay and echo.

NORTHERN COMFORT

I used Epis tab for drums, bass & keys but tabbed all guitars by myself and corrected just a few key parts. Sorry for the amount of different keys but I did it for my backing track. I'm also not sure about the fingering of each guitar but this is the way I would play it.

NORTHERN COMFORT

I used Epis tab for drums, bass & keys but tabbed all guitars by myself and corrected just a few key parts. Sorry for the amount of different keys but I did it for my backing track. I'm also not sure about the fingering of each guitar but this is the was I would play it.
Nice job man, sounds good!

NORTHERN COMFORT

I used Epis tab for drums, bass & keys but tabbed all guitars by myself and corrected just a few key parts. Sorry for the amount of different keys but I did it for my backing track. I'm also not sure about the fingering of each guitar but this is the way I would play it.

Sounds good! Are you going to do a cover of this soon? It's my favoritest Bodom song ever <3 :D

Quick question for the ETID tab. Mitch, I noticed for that intro riff you put the rhythm guitars as chugging on both the low E and the 2nd fret of A the string. When I listen to the album version though, it sounds like he's only playing the single low E. I know it's not a big deal or anything. But just for technicality's sake, I wanna make sure he IS just chugging on that low E string and not the B note as well. Can someone confirm this?

It just requires wider pick strokes, and since it's not a quick tempo, it's quite easy to get used to! Make your hand look as if you're strumming a chord, but use left hand muting to only allow the two low strings to sound.

It just requires wider pick strokes, and since it's not a quick tempo, it's quite easy to get used to! Make your hand look as if you're strumming a chord, but use left hand muting to only allow the two low strings to sound.

This. Do you always just downpick chords? Because, even if it's for chords, alt-picking is always the quickest way imho.

thanks for the suggestions. but why do you prefer left hand muting for this? Because of the wider pick strokes? How would you left-hand mute the open E string? I'm currently practicing it with right hand palm muting, but of course my pick strokes aren't that wide I guess.

I mean, use right hand 'palm muting' for making it sound heavy, but you can use left hand muting to cut out the other four strings, because if you're doing wide pickstrokes, you might hit the D by accident, and if you're not muting correctly, you'll hear it.