TAB Thread.

<-Warheart-> said:
Ok I've been thinking about that Silent Night, Bodom Night sweeping passage and I thought "Why has it always brought alot of trouble to anyone that attempts to play it?????"

The answer is, the phrasing shown in the tab.

So I looked at the tab and you have a simple 3 string Emin shape moving down to Dmaj, but it starts on the B string, moves up to E and comes all the way down to the G string. Anyone that's practised sweep picking to a metronome before would know that it's easier to have the highest or lowest note on the beat so you can accent and basically just hear yourself playing in time (or out of time if you suck :zombie:). This lead part, however, does not. The highest note (B) is the 3rd note in the triplet when it'd be easier on the 4th so I rearranged that bit so it IS the 4th note.

Here's a tab of exactly what I'm talking about. I've also tabbed it in half time because imo it looks better and much neater. You can quite clearly hear the whole arpeggio being played comfortably inside the beat during example 2 and GUESS WHAT, I'M FUCKING RIGHT. I just watched him play it at Milwaukee Metalfest 2000 because it zooms in on his hand and you can clearly see him throw his first finger down to the G string to play the first B note, 16th fret. :heh: :heh: :heh:

After showing you all how to play it CORRECTLY :)goggly:) after all these years, I wrote out the entire section for you and added in the 5 string sweeps he does during the modulation to F# minor (live version only). Obviously, if you're playing the Hatebreeder version, just repeat the first bit in F#m.

Give it a go. :kickass:

http://download.yousendit.com/AF5C265C6468A19C

Here is a full band version:

http://download.yousendit.com/92C8E0C45887A1B8

I saw that that way (or similar 3 string sweep up and down) in older tabs, but then I've never seen it again like that.

Hmm, that's weird. I'm suprised I didn't get this earlier, it certainly makes thigns a hell of a lot easier, rhyhmically. Playing the original tab with a metronome was horrible because of that weird rhythm/phrasing. Now it feels and sounds perfectly in place.

I think that's the reason I made such a big deal and kinda had a mini party, it feels great to actually play that part correct now.

The warheart tab is nearly flawless, there's just 2 mistakes: the intro lick as explained above (and keyboard too) and the verse guitar of Alexander; he does't play alternate pick but just single note with tremolo finger as he does live.

Rock Hydra said:
So, warheart....do you have the scans or tabs that are in that book?

Nah not yet.

I do know he shows this lick though:

E-15-14-12----14-12--------12--------------------------
B----------15-------15-14-----15-14-12---15-14-12-----
G---------------------------------------------------15--

Someone who was selling it on ebay scanned a page as a preview and I saw that.

Alachi said:
The warheart tab is nearly flawless, there's just 2 mistakes: the intro lick as explained above (and keyboard too) and the verse guitar of Alexander; he does't play alternate pick but just single note with tremolo finger as he does live.

Yeah, I thought that was one of the few accurate tabs.

<-Warheart-> said:
I used to play guitar for up to 8 hours when I was 15/16 etc but now it's only 1-2, I'm trying to get back into it but I'm so damn lazy. :cry:
Thats a long time. I wish I was able to play that long each day, but I have too much shit going on :erk:

Yeah, it seems like a long time to me now too.

I just used to get home from school, plug in and play until I went to bed, which was usually around 10-11. Sometimes I stopped because of the nosie etc but on weekends it was even longer.

anyone have the tabs for "Evil in You" by Kalmah?
i've looked at about 5 guitar pro tabs for that song now, and not one of them has the lead guitar tabs....if you guys have one with the lead in it, please post it! it would be much appreciated.

<-Warheart-> said:

nope, sorry to say but that's the same exact one i've found on guitar pro...and every time i find a guitar pro version of that song, it's tabbed out exactly like that. it does sound very accurate, but it doesn't have the lead guitar tabs! it's driving me crazy....and i'm not used to tabbing things out myself, so i rely on other people's tabs. oh well, let me know if you come accross anything :erk:

well turn the volume down for Antti Kokko's guitar and leave Pekka's guitar on full volume. you'll see that there's just the rhythm tabs that are playing. for example, start on measure 108 and onwards, if you leave the volume on for Antti you'll notice that the tabs very obviously don't match the solo....

Does anyone know where to get the tabs for the Young Guitar examples, the young alexi and roop befor he joined the band? I know the videos are on youtube i just wanna try that amazing violin toned guitar due in a neo-classical battle that they did.