TAB Thread.

Yeah, I explained it already.

It's actual pitch in E is E.
It's actual pitch in D is D.

BUT...when in D, we call it and E because as Conti said, it's easier to remember the names and that way, that will always be an Eminor. And you don't say F or C string either, they stay G and D for convenience.

Sounds good dude. The only thing "bad" I can hear is in bar 4, when the melody plays a C note over that E5, the C and B clash and it sounds terrible in MIDI. :erk:

Yeah I know what you mean, It was weird, because its somewhat hard to tell in the song, and in the live video I have, it looks like hes playing it there.

<-Warheart-> said:
Yeah, I explained it already.

It's actual pitch in E is E.
It's actual pitch in D is D.

BUT...when in D, we call it and E because as Conti said, it's easier to remember the names and that way, that will always be an Eminor. And you don't say F or C string either, they stay G and D for convenience.

If you play in a band, and the keyboardist say: What are playing, I want to follow you, and you aswer it's in E, and he try to play the same as you in E, you'll see what I mean :p

Fetzer said:
If you play in a band, and the keyboardist say: What are playing, I want to follow you, and you aswer it's in E, and he try to play the same as you in E, you'll see what I mean :p

Ah yes, this is very true. But something that could make it alot easier in that situation is to get your keyboardist to tune down too. Say your guitar is in D, get him to tune the keys down one full step also so when he presses an "E" key, it'll sound a D note just like you guitar will, so when you say to him, "Ok we're playing E, D, C", he can play the chords E, D and C and you'll both be in unison but playing a whole step down. :)

It might be what Alexi/Roope and Janne do but I'm not sure, I'll take a quick look at a video and see if Janne is playing the same note as Alexi.

<-Warheart-> said:
Conti said:

:cool: