TAB Thread.

Hum... Please, don't kill me but I have another question... Well, this is how Alexi’s guitar is tuned in one of COB’s tabs: D5 A4 F4 C4 G3 D3 (This is an example, because many of Guitar Pro’s songs have these “strange” tunes). I’m not a pro in this subject so… What is this? Lol. I don’t know this tuning: DAFCGD.
I might be a stupid question but… Lol. All I have to do is change the tuning to E minor… Am I right?

DAFCGD is tuned down 1 step if im correct...and used in songs from FTR HB and some of HCDR....

Edit: No its not hmm..

Lol. Ok, thanks anyway.

But I've got to change the tuning to E minor because I don't have a digital tuner (I tune my guitar with a program that I have in the computer) and the program doesn't have this tuning.

yes sure, HB and FtR are tuned 1 step down.
SW was tuned 1and a half step down, HCDR was tuned 1 step down except angels don't kill and sixpounder in wich the 6 strings is tuned 2 steps down (in C).
Aydy is tuned in this way above, except next in line i think wich is tuned one step down in (D), but i'm not sure for this last one

DDarkie said:
Hum... Please, don't kill me but I have another question... Well, this is how Alexi’s guitar is tuned in one of COB’s tabs: D5 A4 F4 C4 G3 D3 (This is an example, because many of Guitar Pro’s songs have these “strange” tunes). I’m not a pro in this subject so… What is this? Lol. I don’t know this tuning: DAFCGD.
I might be a stupid question but… Lol. All I have to do is change the tuning to E minor… Am I right?

No no no no no.

As I said, they play in E minor on the guitars, which means they play in the positions that would be E minor if the guitars were tuned to standard.

For example:

E-
B-8
G-9
D-9
A-7
E-

We call that an E minor chord.

If Alexi played that in DGCFAD, we'd still say it's an E minor chord because you talk as if the guitar was in standard.

If you want prove from Alexi himself, watch the Young Guitar DVD Reap N Roll licks where he plays in DGCFAD tuning and plays this arpeggio:

D-----------------15-19-24--
A---------------17-----------
F-------------16-------------
C----------17----------------
G-------19-------------------
D-15-19----------------------

If the guitar was in E, it'd be an Emin arpeggio, but even though his guitar is tuned a step lower, we still say Emin because it's the same position, Alexi says something like,

"Yeah, it's just an E minor arpeggio.."

The only reason why you'd need to think D minor is because you'd have to play in D minor if you were playing on a piano. And you can actually tune down on some electric keyboards too so you can play an "E" key, and it'll sound a "D", useful for playing Bodom.

Alachi said:
SW was tuned 1and a half step down, HCDR was tuned 1 step down except angels don't kill and sixpounder in wich the 6 strings is tuned 2 steps down (in C).
Aydy is tuned in this way above, except next in line i think wich is tuned one step down in (D), but i'm not sure for this last one.

Angel's Don't Kill, Sixpounder and the entire Are You Dead Yet album are in Drop C, also known as Drop D, one step down, not C standard like Arch Enemy.

Alachi said:
it is the same thing i said, just the 6 string is tuned 2 steps down

They're not, only the 6th string is. The other 5 are 1 step down.

DGCFAD - normal
CGCFAD - AYDY tuning

<-Warheart-> said:
They're not, only the 6th string is. The other 5 are 1 step down.

DGCFAD - normal
CGCFAD - AYDY tuning

maybe my english is not good at all but it is the same thing i said, i just forgot to say that the others 5 are 1 step down:)

Alachi said:
maybe my english is not good at all but it is the same thing i said, i just forgot to say that the others 5 are 1 step down:)

Oh right. Well you did say:

"in wich the 6 strings is tuned 2 steps down (in C)."

You put an "s" at the end of string so it meant all of the strings, but if you mean just the one, it's all good. :)

Alachi said:
Aydy is tuned in this way above, except next in line i think wich is tuned one step down in (D), but i'm not sure for this last one

Lol, thanks. I missunderstood what -[chop]- said, that's why I was asking if u were sure (I wasn't doubting... Sorry!).

Take care :)

-[chop]- said:
Told ya -.-

Sorry, sorry, sorry! Lol. I missunderstood u, I wasn't doubting. Thanks for the helping me. :)

<-Warheart->

No no no no no.

As I said, they play in E minor on the guitars, which means they play in the positions that would be E minor if the guitars were tuned to standard.

For example:

E-
B-8
G-9
D-9
A-7
E-

We call that an E minor chord.

If Alexi played that in DGCFAD, we'd still say it's an E minor chord because you talk as if the guitar was in standard.

Ok, so... I asked if I should tune the guitar to E minor and what u told me it's that I'm wrong... ?? [Sorry for being so boring but, as I said, I'm not a pro in this subject and then I have to translate ur explanation (To Portuguese) and it becomes even more difficult. Lol.]