TAB Thread.

Yeah it's ok but I definitely prefer one note per pick stroke, but then again, I'm fed on a daily dose of Paul Gilbert, what else would you expect. :p

Yeah it's annoying when that happens, especially what it's a long run and the harmony is on the string above it when in actual fact, the player played it on the asme set of strings as the main part but up a diatonic minor 3rd. (ie. Yngwie Malmsteen - I Am A Viking)

I actually thought the 2nd keyboard solo in that tab was better than the other one tbh, at least it's in the righ octave and uses the right rhythms etc. Most of the notes are pretty close as far as I can tell.

<-Warheart-> said:
Yeah it's annoying when that happens, especially what it's a long run and the harmony is on the string above it when in actual fact, the player played it on the asme set of strings as the main part but up a diatonic minor 3rd. (ie. Yngwie Malmsteen - I Am A Viking)

Yeah, i know what you mean. I also know, they don't play the harmony live, so I wonder what he plays then. Actaully, when I first started reading GP tabs that were tabbed on 2 strings. I was like WTF, how does he (or anyone) play that?

Indeed, very silly. Except I never though they played them both at the same time, I just thought it was a daft idea to do it that way. Luckily for me, I can play the harmony on that song, and then instantly figure it out where it's supposed to be.

Hey Warheart, the song Are You Dead Yet was tabbed out in the latest issue of Guitar World. I dont know how right it is though, being that I havent tabbed it out yet. I might later, if you want to check it out.

Rock Hydra said:
Lucky you. I'm still too noobtastic.

lol great word.

xshadowsoulsx said:
Hey Warheart, the song Are You Dead Yet was tabbed out in the latest issue of Guitar World. I dont know how right it is though, being that I havent tabbed it out yet. I might later, if you want to check it out.

Yes definitely! That'd be awesome. :)

Allright. It might have to be done tomorrow, becuase Im writing a paper for my english class right now :erk:

Also, do you know if the You're Better Off Dead on the first page has the sweeps for the chorus in it or not?

Ok thanks. I thought I saw in an earlier issue of Guitar World, that he showed how to play certain parts, Ill go back later and see if they're in there.

It'd be cool if he did show that part.

I think the arpeggios in the tab are correct, not sure about them picking bits though, I haven't really listened to the lead in that part.

xshadowsoulsx said:
Allright. It might have to be done tomorrow, becuase Im writing a paper for my english class right now :erk:

Also, do you know if the You're Better Off Dead on the first page has the sweeps for the chorus in it or not?

I uploded those files, and no...it's not there.

Nice, did you work that out all yourself or copy it out using the tabs off the LoG board??

I was actually going to do it myself but I got bored after like 2 bars lol.

No, I actually didn't figure all of it out. Most of the song is tabbed out in Guitar World. Also...what's left was to figure out the palm muted beats and an easy riff or two...so....prettymuch all the credit goes to GW, here.

Ah right, sounds like quite a good issue this month. I'd only buy it for the transcription of AYDY but since showdowsouls is tabbing it out for us :)D), I won't need to.

Oh really, my bad. I wouldn't know, I don't collect guitar magazines anymore unless there's some decent thing about Bodom or Paul Gilbert. I've got to that point where the only thing that will make me better is practise, although these video things do inspire me to play more.