TAB Thread.

Well he did say "my keyboardist, who can't tab out what he himself writes"

If you sit and write something but you don't know what notes you're playing, that's pretty sad if you ask me.

<-Warheart-> said:
Well he did say "my keyboardist, who can't tab out what he himself writes"

If you sit and write something but you don't know what notes you're playing, that's pretty sad if you ask me.

Ofc he knows what he writes, he has everything written down in notes on a piece of paper, he just can't use guitar pro because he thinks it's so complicated :loco:

I guess it's just a matter of sitting down and learning the program, but he never has, so that's why he can't write it on guitar pro!

Then why don't you either learn to read notation, or get him to write out the notes as ABC etc so then you can put it in guitar pro.

<-Warheart-> said:
Then why don't you either learn to read notation, or get him to write out the notes as ABC etc so then you can put it in guitar pro.

I could do the whole thing by ear, but yeah, it would probably take me like forever to do it. It's not like i demanded that you would do it for me, i just asked an fetzer said yes. Since you're kind of a guitar pro god now, i was thinking it might be easy for you to tab it out, no need to get cranky about it! :)

inhe said:
I could do the whole thing by ear, but yeah, it would probably take me like forever to do it. It's not like i demanded that you would do it for me, i just asked an fetzer said yes. Since you're kind of a guitar pro god now, i was thinking it might be easy for you to tab it out, no need to get cranky about it! :)

:ill: I'm not cranky.

I was simply suggesting, I guess it didn't really look like it since it's hard to hear how I would say it through text on the internet amirite?

It does sound pretty easy yeah but I just gotta get in the "sit up all night and tab stuff" mood. I usually end up sitting here doing nothing.

<-Warheart-> said:
:ill: I'm not cranky.

I was simply suggesting, I guess it didn't really look like it since it's hard to hear how I would say it through text on the internet amirite?

It does sound pretty easy yeah but I just gotta get in the "sit up all night and tab stuff" mood. I usually end up sitting here doing nothing.

Youarite!

'Sup gice.

Felt like re-tabbing Silent Night, Bodom Night so here it is:

http://download.yousendit.com/3178B7F64E966C9A

Tabbed it in half time again because it looks better imo. Fixed quite a bit of guitar, drums and keys while just trying to make it sound better than the other tabs. I know Janne doesn't use that sound for the lead parts but it sounds cool so I chose that sound, change it to harpsichord if it bothers you. There's a part that I also haven't done on keys but I'm not too bothered about working it out 'cause I play teh geetar.

The bit where Laiho sings

When the calm is setting in
We'll watch it swiftly disappear
Too many years of silence
soon he's bound to reappear

You can see Janne playing a chord melody thing with a harpsichord sound on live videos but on the tabs, it's just a synch holding 2 notes and I just wrote that out instead.

Actually, it's C-E-G on middle and high octave (left hand do the same rythm as the guit (you know, o---oo-oo---oo-oo---...-...-......o---oo-oo etc) and you keep the note with the right hand)

and you go C-E-G + high C-E (with the same rythm) and you go up: D-F-G# + high D-F and after E-G + high C-E-G

This is the way he play it...

Well I've download the tab I'll to it tonigh.

And Inhe, can you send me the MP3 file with Hotmail ? Cause the Yousendit link doesn't work anymore.

Fetzer said:
Actually, it's C-E-G on middle and high octave (left hand do the same rythm as the guit (you know, o---oo-oo---oo-oo---...-...-......o---oo-oo etc) and you keep the note with the right hand)

and you go C-E-G + high C-E (with the same rythm) and you go up: D-F-G# + high D-F and after E-G + high C-E-G

And Inhe, can you send me the MP3 file with Hotmail ? Cause the Yousendit link doesn't work anymore.

I did send it yo your mail at the same time, but in case i didn't, im uploading it as i write.

Fetzer said:

Well ok, you do that. I'm interested to see if you get it. :)

Rock Hydra said:
Warheart, do you have that CoB tab book or something? If you do, can you like...send it to me somehow?

Nah I haven't got it. I tabbed this myself.

The reason I haven't bought it is because it's a Japanese made book and I've seen Jap versions of Racer X and Bodom songs before and the positions are way off. Plus, I've already seen their version of Hate Me, Bodom After Mignight, I Spit on your Grave, TLS before because some are on the net. If I know the notes, then I can easily work out how Alexi would have played it so it's pretty worthless to me. :)