TAB Thread.

Well yeah that works but as I said, you get a better tone in the middle of the neck so you're better off playing it where it is in the tab.

Here's a tab I just wrote up, it's Towards Dead End but once again, I tabbed it in half time and tryed to make it sound a bit better. It's just the intro so far.

**Towards Dead End**

That was pretty cool. That last riff was probably played the best imo.

Btw, the only definite correct part about that tab is the intro, I think I wrote that next to it? I corrected it because someone showed me a video of some kid playing it right so I watched what he did and moved the positions around so for all I know, the rest could be the wrong positionings too. But yeah, rant over, good job.

No bodom song is really easy, but once you've played for like 6 months you should probably be able to play atleast some riffs ok !

inhe said:
No bodom song is really easy, but once you've played for like 6 months you should probably be able to play atleast some riffs ok !

This is very true. No Bodom song is easy but some of the easiER are:

The rhythms to "Hate Me"
The rhythms to "Sixpounder"
The rhythms to "Angel's Don't Kill"
The rhythms to "Downfall"
The rhythms to "Everytime I Die"

If you look at the solos, you'll probably find they're a bit too tough so don't rush if you do bother to attempt one of them otherwise you'll build bad technique.

I can agree with that too. The riffs to IYF and LDB are far from easy, just to name a couple. Most of their old stuff is based on melodies with just simple powerchords played underneath.

<-Warheart-> said:
I can agree with that too. The riffs to IYF and LDB are far from easy, just to name a couple. Most of their old stuff is based on melodies with just simple powerchords played underneath.

yup!

ok so i don't know if any of you guys remember, but i asked warheart for some advice on how to write a bodom-style song. i said i would upload the file here for you guys to check out and to add on to. honestly, i don't think i did a very good job representing alexi's style. i just basically tried to keep it in the key of E minor and i didn't have enough time to write out a whole song...oh well, take a look and see if you guys can perhaps bodom it up a bit...post the song when you guys are done! i wanna see what you came up with.

http://download.yousendit.com/FD0463E50C152405

Ben Johnson said:
26. Alexi Solo on the Finnish doc.

Why don't you just call it Hellion solo?:loco:

Well it is, but it's not the one on the recording and since most people know that video by "Alexi Finnish documentary", I called it that instead.

Mystique, I'll check it out.

Ok here's what I have to say.

I noticed that it was in F# min so I guessed that the whole tuning/key thing is a bit weird to understand at first. When you write in Emin on the guitar, you don't actually pay attention to what tuning you're in, you focus on the positions that you play as if the guitar was in standard tuning. So an E would be the 7th fret on the A string, even if the whole guitar was tuned to D. You still also call the strings EADGBE for convenience.

That riff starting at bar 7 modulates into Amin there but it sounds kinda cool actually. I might see if I can have a play around with it in the next hour or so and see if I can get something a little closer. I suck at writing melodies though so they might be absent.