TAB Thread.

Yeah, always good to have a second pair of ears when your brain is scrambled from listening to too much music at half speed or less! I'll update the first post soon!

To be honest... slowing down a song at half speed makes it nearly impossible to hear any notes. My minimum is 80% of original speed and I use it only when I tab drums and for some lead parts.

wow, how did i not know that. also i found that while you cant separate the tracks totally, you can pan it right or left to help isolate each guitar. helps a bit.

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks man!
WIth Audacity it goes like this:

First you import the track, then you click the small down pointing arrow next to the song name. From there click "Split Stereo Track" (You can mute either the L or R speaker, but can't pan the remainder to the center. Good quality) or "Split Stereo Track to Mono" (You can pan it to the center but you get worse quality). It divides the song into L and R channels and you can mute them individually.

Reactions: NewHewkas
I remember when I tabbed the keyboard solo in Living Dead Beat, I had it to about 25% original speed and would play/pause/play/pause for EVERY note to get it perfect. It's hard to hear but when the notes are played accurately it's pretty easy.