TAB Thread.

yea,you have to drill certain motios and "paths" in your hand so when you want to do a D major appegio your fingers just kind of fall into place.

Warheart - I've been looking for a good Hate Me tab, and while all of your other tabs are GREAT, the Hate Me one disappoints me a little. Like this part:

hateme.jpg

How the hell are you supposed to play that? I'm not too shabby of a guitar player, but this run doesn't really make any sense to me. What I can deal with is this, but it's still a little clumsy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------19-20-22-20-19-20-22--
----------------------17-19-17----17-19-21-------------------------
------------17-19-21-----------21-----------------------------------
--21-19-21----------------------------------------------------------

--19-20-22/24-22-20-------------------------------------------------
----------------------24-22-20------------------------------------17
--------------------------------23-21-19\17-------------------15----
---------------------------------------------21-19-17-----17--------
-------------------------------------------------------19------------

This guy seems to be on top of things, although you can't hear him very well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTxSh_PFXVY

Maybe you could make a tab according to the way he plays it. Eh? Eh?:loco:

j0tun said:
I am skeptical of all these claims also. I don't believe you have 'nailed it perfectly'. Sweeping is not simple, and I would be truly impressed and astonished that you could pull off a 5 or 6 string sweep cleanly after 7 months. I have been playing 3 years, know my talent well, but I cannot sweep very well at all. 3 string sweeps are easy enough, I can pull those off. 5 or 6 string sweeps I can not do. Please try and be realistic with your skills. It is likely that these 'sweeps' sound like muddy crap. If you believe otherwise, please post clips.

Im with you, Ive been playing for almost 3 and a half years, and even I still cant nail sweeps perfectly. I can do 3 string ones pretty easily, if they are not to weird with the fingerings, and occasionally I can get a 5 or 6 string one. But still, nobody could nail sweeping that fast, I knew a kid that lied about so much, and he said he would practice guitar for 8 hours a day, and that he was amazing at sweeping, which he claimed he learned in about a week, yet whenever he would play guitar in front of people, he would make excuses like "oh its not my guitar" which is bullshit. I dont see why people have to make up shit for others to think they are good. You should be happy with what you can do and still work and admit if your not good.

I've bumped into this run before and I looked around ultimate-guitar and found an alternative which works great.

Check the tab:
39. Hate Me solo (Different version of the solo (3)

It's the one I play and I can play it perfectly at about 140 and it sounds good. It doesn't go up to the 24th fret but yeah, it sounds good.

That guy was completely unaudiable, he looked like he was messing up all over the place. I haven't heard a SINGLE decent version of this solo played by anyone...:erk:

xshadowsoulsx said:
Im with you, Ive been playing for almost 3 and a half years, and even I still cant nail sweeps perfectly. I can do 3 string ones pretty easily, if they are not to weird with the fingerings, and occasionally I can get a 5 or 6 string one. But still, nobody could nail sweeping that fast, I knew a kid that lied about so much, and he said he would practice guitar for 8 hours a day, and that he was amazing at sweeping, which he claimed he learned in about a week, yet whenever he would play guitar in front of people, he would make excuses like "oh its not my guitar" which is bullshit. I dont see why people have to make up shit for others to think they are good. You should be happy with what you can do and still work and admit if your not good.
Actually this is very true for I say it a lot,I prefer my guitar to have low tension and very low action. I just cannot play very good when I pickup someones guitar who has the tension supper high and the strings 2 cms on the fretboard.

It's typical that everyone that claims to be able to do something unbelievable can't actually back it up...

I suppose playing slowish sloppy stuff doesn't need practise but if anyone wants to play anything by Bodom, Jason Becker, Nevermore, Cacophony etc will need to practise their ass off to get it to sound good.

<-Warheart-> said:
It's typical that everyone that claims to be able to do something unbelievable can't actually back it up...

I suppose playing slowish sloppy stuff doesn't need practise but if anyone wants to play anything by Bodom, Jason Becker, Nevermore, Cacophony etc will need to practise their ass off to get it to sound good.

This is true. It is easy to play something sloppy. The first song I ever tried to learn was Silent Night, Bodom Night. I still can not play it in the way that I find acceptable, 3 years later. I am not a very serious player, but I play at least once a day. I don't practice scales or techniques really, just play along to guitar pro tabs and have fun with it, try to learn the songs of my favorite artists. I feel that I am very aware of my skill level, and I am happy with it. I feel no need to exaggerate and make false claims.

sure, let me think... Northern comfort, Punch me i bleed, Bed of Razors (more slow actually an arpeggio instead of a sweep), Needled 24/7 ...

no bed of razors definitely has sweeping in it. the first part of sweep picking just used the first 3 strings, and i can almost do that. but then there's the bridge and that sweep starts from the 5th string and then later goes on to all 6 strings and it's bar chord sweeping too :erk:

Northern comfort has no sweeping in it?! that's crazy, considering it's such a beautiful song musically...i would expect some sweep picking, but that's awesome. i'm gonna look at the tabs for that right now. although i'm sure it's extremely hard to play

Alachi said:
sure, let me think... Northern comfort, Punch me i bleed, Bed of Razors (more slow actually an arpeggio instead of a sweep), Needled 24/7 ...

Punch me i bleed has sweeping in the solo, but it's pretty slow so it's easy.

j0tun said:
I am skeptical of all these claims also. I don't believe you have 'nailed it perfectly'. Sweeping is not simple, and I would be truly impressed and astonished that you could pull off a 5 or 6 string sweep cleanly after 7 months. I have been playing 3 years, know my talent well, but I cannot sweep very well at all. 3 string sweeps are easy enough, I can pull those off. 5 or 6 string sweeps I can not do. Please try and be realistic with your skills. It is likely that these 'sweeps' sound like muddy crap. If you believe otherwise, please post clips.

Sweeping doesn't necessarily mean that you have to play it at 200bpm, when i said it's quite easy i meant doing them at 100bpm. And i'm also well aware of my level, if i can't play it i don't go around telling people that i can. And i don't think it's impressive or w/e, i practice my ass off everytime when i'm not in school or out with friends.

You can play Bed of Razor without that sweep, and IMHO that is not a sweep (like in Punch Me i Bleed) but an arpeggio. Alexi picks every single note (even if the scale is the same used for a sweep) not with just a downstroke so it is not a "sweep"
sorry for my bad english

Conti said:
Actually this is very true for I say it a lot,I prefer my guitar to have low tension and very low action. I just cannot play very good when I pickup someones guitar who has the tension supper high and the strings 2 cms on the fretboard.

But still, a guitar is pretty much a guitar. I mean, you'll probably have a little trouble if it is set up differently. But your not gonna be absolutly horrible, and not be able to play anything. But this kid was a huge faggot, he said he played in a band called At The Gates (which I knew wasnt true at all, because he had never been in a band). But when I asked for some of the music, he gave me songs off of the Slaughter of the Soul album (the real At the Gates). And later when I confronted him about it, he lied and said he was in a different ATG and he lied about giving me a cd with songs from Slaughter of the Soul. But he moved, and I never have to listen to another one of his lies again. :lol: