TAB Thread.

<-Warheart-> said:
Unfortunately, most of Alexi's solos are difficult in one way or another. :erk:

I tried doing the first bit of that Norther song, I have this so far:

http://download.yousendit.com/4629CF7C67D85C07

I could tell that 2nd chord was a C/G when I first heard it because I use those type of chords all the time and it was a familiar sound to my ears. There's a melody in the keyboards and I tried to get it close obviously but it's way too quiet.

Okay sweet. Yeah the keyboards are pretty quiet there :S Have you listened to this Norther song all the way through, and do you like it?

I haven't listened to it all the way through no but tbh, it doesn't really appeal to me. I can't get into Norther, Wintersun, Ensiferum, Kalmah etc. Bodom are the only band that do something for me. I'd like to be able to like them all but I just can't. =/

-[chop]- said:
Hey Mitchy...tnx for that Power Tab of Sweepings...it helpt me alot!!! :kickass:

It was in the OT "Guitars Thread" or smt.....

are those sweeping excersises? you think you could pass 'em on my way? i'm working on sweeping myself :heh:

<-Warheart-> said:
I haven't listened to it all the way through no but tbh, it doesn't really appeal to me. I can't get into Norther, Wintersun, Ensiferum, Kalmah etc. Bodom are the only band that do something for me. I'd like to be able to like them all but I just can't. =/

i know exactly what you mean. for example, i've listened to Kalmah cds and At the Gates over and over again hoping to maybe find the same feeling that i get from Bodom. but it just doesn't happen. Bodom has something very appealing to my ears, and i can't seem to find that with any other bands. at least not yet...

Mystique1721 said:
i know exactly what you mean. for example, i've listened to Kalmah cds and At the Gates over and over again hoping to maybe find the same feeling that i get from Bodom. but it just doesn't happen. Bodom has something very appealing to my ears, and i can't seem to find that with any other bands. at least not yet...

I like a few AtG songs actually, but only from their latest album. The first lot are all crappy produced death metal albums. But yeah, it's a different kind of good.

Sweep shapes

If you need any help understanding what the hell all the SHAPE stuff means, let me know. As I told Chop, it can be very confusing when you mixing up SHAPES and KEYS, especially when there's 3 shapes for one major and 3 shapes for its parallell minor and/or any minor.

^ thanks mitch. and yeah, at the gates has a few good songs. i'm familliar with Slaughter of the Soul and from there i like Cold and Under the Serpant Sun the most...the other songs are just....kinda generic/boring almost....

I'm actually listening to them now so hopefully I'll find something that I like. I only really listen to a few bands nowadays. Those songs you named are all on Slaughter of the Soul which is the one I was talking about, I like Blinded by Fear.

yeah, that's the first track right? at first i thought that little electronic sound effect with the drums in the very beginning was lame, but now it's grown on me. that song is ok, but there are better ones on that album.

I wouldn't really know about better ones, I've only really listened to that and about 2/3 others that I can't even remember but I'll see if I can listen to the whole thing and pay attention without being distracted. I've tried downloading loads of melo-death/melodic metal to see if I can find something that can match Bodom but so far I've failed. :(

same here. well actually, i remember listening to necrophagist a while ago and i remember liking them a lot. so i'm gonna download one of their cds and see if they can come near bodom status. let's hope so :/

No they wont, but theyre very good anyway. I find that ensiferum is the only band that come close to bodom(very close in fact). Other one is nile, but its so different, i like the egyptian thingy. But bodom is the best hands down

Yeah Necrophagist are really good. I missed them when they played in London on my birthday last Sunday which sucks but I can't really listen to a full album and really get into it like I can with Bodom. They focus a bit too much on technicality for my liking but I'm still going to buy the official tabs books that Muhammed is releasing soon so I can learn some of them.

oh you guys!!! i just thought of a band that is almost as good as bodom, imo. download the album Cast Into the Field of Evil Pleasures by Illnath. great album with some really awesome songs.

Mystique1721 said:
british motard, which ensiferum album do you recommend?
Well, there is just two alobum, and a lot of Ep, but go for "ensiferum" their first. its just awesome. great melodies, great solos, just awesome. Iron is nearly as good. In comparison, i think "ensiferum"( the album) is better than aydy and most of hcdr, but its just me

<-Warheart-> said:
Yeah Necrophagist are really good. I missed them when they played in London on my birthday last Sunday which sucks but I can't really listen to a full album and really get into it like I can with Bodom. They focus a bit too much on technicality for my liking but I'm still going to buy the official tabs books that Muhammed is releasing soon so I can learn some of them.
yeah, well, necrophagist is alomost only harmonic minor up and down, but they have some great songs. It get boring after a while, but i can enjoy the technicality

Only the solos yeah. But the riffs are a bit to technical for my liking too. Although I do really like a few like Stabwound, Epitaph.

Mystique, I'm downloading that album!