TAB Thread.

:D I have all the Metallica/Bodom albums and a few other Meshuggah, Lamb of God, Nile, Papa Roach. But lately I do just download everything but when I get a job, I'm probably going to buy an album a week and catch up. Buy what I've burnt onto cd and then start getting the ones that are just on my pc.

I only download,like, 2 or 3 songs from an album, just to see if overall its good before i buy it....otherwise i dont spend money, recently ive buyed a new amp but thats all

Well yeah I would too if I actually had the money to buy them afterwards but since I don't, I just download the whole thing.

The way I see it is, a band wouldn't get any money from me because I wouldn't purchase the album, so by downloading it, nothings different. But this only applies to bands I don't end up liking or only like a little bit. Bands that I love will get my money soon enough.

I only buy album that i know ill listen for a long time. For exemple. if i hear good things a bout a band, ill search on the the net for their best album and ill buy it. Afterward, if i liked it, ill buy another one. i give chance to band that i dont know.Sometimes, it end up that i REALLY dont like the cd( gayeways to annihilation by MA for example).

I don't know how you guys feel about Slayer, but I'd always heard people raving about how incredibly awesome they were. Having never heard Slayer myself, and very much into metal, I was interested and downloaded a few albums, including the famed Reign in Blood.

All I can say is......damn. I'm glad I didn't buy those cds.:erk:

Listen to Angel of Death.

How can you not laugh your ass off within seconds of the start of the album, after hearing Tom Arraya's hilarious yell/scream?

I'd rather listen to old Sepultura.:kickass:

I used to adore Slayer but they bore me now. I never had an actual album though, I made my own "best of". I still actually like the songs from GHUA.

Ben Johnson said:
Listen to Angel of Death.

How can you not laugh your ass off within seconds of the start of the album, after hearing Tom Arraya's hilarious yell/scream?

I'd rather listen to old Sepultura.:kickass:
Sepultura is ghey cause its from brazil. Usueally i only to the music not the vocal or the lyric( but i listen nile or atg lyrics however). thats why i like bodom. Musically its AWESOME. Lyrically...wel....:rolleyes:

The url contained a malformed video id.
But if that was the little due playing a cover, THAT is awesome, not sepultura. And, yeah, everyone on this board is racist:p

Ben Johnson said:
I don't know how you guys feel about Slayer, but I'd always heard people raving about how incredibly awesome they were. Having never heard Slayer myself, and very much into metal, I was interested and downloaded a few albums, including the famed Reign in Blood.

Reign In Blood is a hell of a cd.

Here's the solos to We're Not Gonna Fall. I thought about doing this again since shadowsouls was asking about the intro to the 2nd guitar solo and how Alexi plays it because on the cd, there's a harmony so it's hard to tell which is the main part. So I watched/listened to the live version (Chaos Ridden Years) and this is how he plays it, bars 17 & 18.

Bars 1, 2, 5, 6, 7 & 8 were taken from the Guitar World magazine when Alexi demonstrated it back in April. Bars 3 & 4 are the way he played it on the Are You Dead Yet album but he played it differently on the GW video so I had to transcribe that bit myself.

We're Not Gonna Fall soloshttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=RNGPCI9S

(It's Megaupload because YSI was being a cunt).