TAB Thread.

You might not like the vocals because they're the complete opposite to Bodom but the guitar work is great, especially in the 80's albums they released, serious shit.

<-Warheart-> said:
You might not like the vocals because they're the complete opposite to Bodom but the guitar work is great, especially in the 80's albums they released, serious shit.

I actually don't listen that much to deathmetal/harsch vocal stuff. I like power metal vocals more, like Symphony X and Stratovarious, or if they're mixed like in wintersuns selftitled album!

Mystique1721 said:
hey mitch, did you ever download the Illnath album i told you about? what did you think of it?

I did but I haven't actually listened to it yet, I will do soon, I'm just re-arranging the last bar of The Nail to a decent fingering.

inhe said:
Nice stuff indeed!

Now THAT band are indimidating. :erk:

Check out that run on the Gone Too Far intro...

EDIT: Ok I'm listening to this Illnath album. It's not bad, but it sounds a bit too black metalish for my liking. Reminds me a bit of Cradle sometimes too.

I'm done with The Nail sweeps, I'll upload the tab later. I'll probably do the Downfall into for that dude and shadowsouls.

<-Warheart-> said:
EDIT: Ok I'm listening to this Illnath album. It's not bad, but it sounds a bit too black metalish for my liking. Reminds me a bit of Cradle sometimes too.

I'm done with The Nail sweeps, I'll upload the tab later. I'll probably do the Downfall into for that dude and shadowsouls.

Oh you're not into black metal as much? well i think they're a pretty good band. the best songs on that album are probably Setite, Behind the Mirrors, The Creators Biggest Pride, and Bring Down the Witching Hour. listen to The creaters biggest pride a few times, that song will really grow on you, especially the main riff that starts at :40 seconds into the song... it gets stuck in my head everytime.

Mystique1721 said:
Oh you're not into black metal as much? well i think they're a pretty good band. the best songs on that album are probably Setite, Behind the Mirrors, The Creators Biggest Pride, and Bring Down the Witching Hour. listen to The creaters biggest pride a few times, that song will really grow on you, especially the main riff that starts at :40 seconds into the song... it gets stuck in my head everytime.

Nah not really a black metal fan. I can't actually pinpoint my favourite musical genre. I like Bodom, Lamb of God, Dragonforce, Racer X, Avenged Sevenfold, Arsis, At the Gates, Metallica, Necrophagist, Sinergy, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen etc and all those bands are all different genres. I can't listen to pure black or death metal, hardcore, emo, punk, power metal etc. Most of those bands are kinda 2/3 mixed into one.

I'll listen to those songs in a sec.

Ok here's the tabs for you lazy bastards.

Downfall intro live from Choas Ridden Years
The Nail sweep picking section

Have fun.

no, i wanted that downfall intro and i tried it...but it never showed up on my comp after i downloaded it from megaupload. there was a code i had to enter, so i entered it, then i saw that something was downloading, and then after it completed, i don't know where it went.

Hey Warheart ! Have you transcribed a lot of songs since you play guitar or even before ? Oh and by the way I have news about the show we did ! My account was ``Ilikedeadveals`` but I changed....dunno If you remember me ! anyways I got an audio cd of it so as soon as I can I'll upload that and give you a link ! yeah !

xshadowsoulsx said:
Thanks for the tabs Mitch. And Arsis is amazing. :D
Indeed. It's a shame I fail to transcribe their stuff. :( The production makes it hard for me to hear the 2 guitar parts.

Mystique1721 said:
no, i wanted that downfall intro and i tried it...but it never showed up on my comp after i downloaded it from megaupload. there was a code i had to enter, so i entered it, then i saw that something was downloading, and then after it completed, i don't know where it went.

Usually when the count down is finished, a pop up appears over it so you just have to close it and it'll say "Click here to download". If you can't do it, I'll try another site. Sendspace I guess.

Mymotheryeah said:
Hey Warheart ! Have you transcribed a lot of songs since you play guitar or even before ? Oh and by the way I have news about the show we did ! My account was ``Ilikedeadveals`` but I changed....dunno If you remember me ! anyways I got an audio cd of it so as soon as I can I'll upload that and give you a link ! yeah !

I've been transcribing ever since I started playing. I worked out Para Roach albums, Linkin Park albums and a few Kid Rock songs in my first years of playing, plus a bunch of over stuff that I can't remember. Also, Joe Satriani and Steve Vai melodies etc.

I remember someone saying they were doing a bunch of Bodom covers yeah, I'd love to hear 'em!! Upload away.

Thanks mitch, i was able to downlaod it this time....but i noticed that you tabbed out the downfall intro different than the way i play it....what do you think of this way of playing it (although it sounds very similar to yours anyway):

g----------------------------------------------------------------------------
d--10-----7-9---------7-------7-----------7----------------------------------
a-----7-0-----7-0--10---0--10---0--7--10-------------------------------------
e----------------------------------------------------------------------

this way just sounds a little more accurate to my ears....but i'm not one of those people who have perfect pitch...so let me know what you think.

Well I didn't tab that bit myself, it's exactly how Alexi plays it. :p

Watch the Young Guitar Jan 2006 thing and you can see.

He plays the 8th fret on the E A which = a C note and an F note, both of which are in an F major chord which is what the rest of the band play at that point. :)