TAB Thread.

yikes i was scared that's what you were gonna say. cuz i saw that young guitar video too, but i didn't pay specific attention to what he played...and then i just thought of watching it like 2 minutes ago...hehehe.

It's actually harder. I can't play it because I haven't practised it. I can play it your way by sight reading it so there's a difference. :erk:

Ok check this out, I've worked out the backing track to an Alexi solo on a Kylahullut song and it's only 3 chords for the main part and a fourth at the end.

I think it's pretty fucking cool how this bitch can actually write a kickass solo over 3 chords...I think we should all have a go at writing one over it, might be a bit of fun????

If anyone cares, here's the backing track so you can write your own.

BACKING TRACK TAB OMFG!!!

I'll tab out Alexi's solo and maybe upload it in a few days so we can compare. Yousendit is still down, sorry.

Yer. :)

Btw, it's in C# minor.

C#, D#, E, F#, G#, A, B, C#.

I'm doing mine now and I haven't worked out Alexi's yet so I can't copy him at all, I've only listened to it like twice.

EDIT: Uh huh, I suck at writing good solos. :erk:

Well don't think of it as sharps, look at it as shapes and frets. Start with the basic pentatonic shape.

E-5-8-
B-5-8-
G-5-7-
D-5-7- That's Aminor, right? Notice the lowest note is an A.
A-5-7-
E-5-8-

So move the whole thing up from A until you get to C#.

A - A# - B - C - C#
5th-6th-7th-8th-9th

So C# pentatonic minor would be

E-9-12
B-9-12
G-9-11
D-9-11
A-9-11
E-9-12

Sorry if you already knew that but that's a start.

i never looked at it that way, thanks Mitch! i guess i'm used to the whole circle of fifths thing on the piano, not really the guitar, since we learn all music theory on a piano anyway...

ok, wait, now i have a question....why did you say that this was A minor:

E-5-8-
B-5-8-
G-5-7-
D-5-7-
A-5-7-
E-5-8-

i thought A minor is played like this:

e-5---------------------------
b-5-6-8--------------------------
g-5-7----------------------------
d-5-7-9---------------------------
a-5-7-8-----------------------------
e-5-7-8----------------------------

Mystique1721 said:
ok, wait, now i have a question....why did you say that this was A minor:

E-5-8-
B-5-8-
G-5-7-
D-5-7-
A-5-7-
E-5-8-

i thought A minor is played like this:

e-5---------------------------
b-5-6-8--------------------------
g-5-7----------------------------
d-5-7-9---------------------------
a-5-7-8-----------------------------
e-5-7-8----------------------------

Sorry, I meant A pentatonic minor. I just got lazy and presumed you'd know.

Yeah, what you tabbed is the full A natural minor. If you know that, then that's even better, 2 extra notes to play around with. Just stick that in C# and you'll be ready to roll. :cool:

Good job inhe!! Really cool.

My favourite part was actually the first 3 notes of bar 2 and the whole of bar 4, I love the note choice. :kickass:

Mystique1721 said:
inhe, yours is better than mine...but i don't think i have time to re-do mine to beat yours :p

so i'll just leave you guys with this...i kinda tried to keep it punk rock :headbang:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mvyi63

ok, goodnight guys, i have to go to school in 5 hours so i'll see ya tomorrow

I noticed you used alot of chromatic notes in there and some non diatonic arpeggios. Was that intentional?

And if you don't answer, cya!

Epi said:
Hi everybody!

I'm new to the forums and I'd like to share some transcriptions that I've made.

Hope you'll find these useful:

Children Of Bodom - Don't Stop At The Top (The Scorpions Cover)

Children Of Bodom - Oops, I Did It Again (Britney Spears Cover)

Sorry if you already know this site but I think it's pretty good for searching GP tabs: www.gprotab.net

Sweet fucking tabs dude, welcome to the site and hopefully a part of the tabbing team. :kickass: I'll put them into the first post if that's cool with you?

<-Warheart-> said:
Sweet fucking tabs dude, welcome to the site and hopefully a part of the tabbing team. :kickass: I'll put them into the first post if that's cool with you?

Thanks! :D

Yeah you can put them there, fine by me. :)

<-Warheart-> said:
Ok cool!

So were you the one that put the Oops I Did It Again tab up on mysongbook when it was active?

Yup, that was me (nickname there was Needled). I did make a few changes to the tab before I posted it here though. I also did post several other Bodom tabs there and a bunch of Sonata Arctica tabs etc.

I noticed that you have my version of Living Dead Beat here. :D Someone else has tabbed out the solos. :)

Your Living Deat Beat too? Cool!!

I think I changed the main riff to how Alexi played it on the Young Guitar video and yeah, I tabbed out the keyboard solo and copied out the guitar one from the YG book. I was pretty stunned when I managed to complete Janne's solo, it's probably the fastest thing I've transcribed.

What other Bodom ones have you done?

Yeah, I was pretty stunned about the LDB keyboard solo too! Very nice job! ;)

Well, nowadays I just try to tab the Drum/Bass/Keyboard parts correctly because I make backing tracks from the midis.

I think I've made tabs from:
Hellion
Children Of Decadence (With the keyboard solo)
Bodom After Midnight (Also with the keyboard solo)
Everytime I Die (guitars awfully wrong)
Aces High (Didn't do the solo myself)
Deadnight Warrior (Tokyo Warhearts version.. not complete though)
Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood

Can't remember all of them. :D