TAB Thread.

† Alexi † said:
Awesome thread.

Kudos to you.

I'm glad you found it helpful. :)

Mystique1721 said:
by that do you mean that i didn't stay in key? lol yeah, it gives off a kinda dissonance type of sound, but it doesn't sound completely bad does it? and i don't know what diatonic arpeggios are yet, but i was trying to use some sort of arpeggios....sorry, i'm really bad at this music theory stuff...i don't know too much about it yet :erk:

Yer lol. Suprisingly it didn't sound that bad, you're right. I guess it's a bit of a stretch to expect a beginner to know all this stuff though, I could have put the backing track in Aminor for you or something if you want?

KaZzou said:
Thx mitch for the downfall intro! U rock

No problem!

FRETPLAYER_mx said:
warheart
nice update of the first page
Thankyou sir. :)

bobbilly said:

Very good job. I'm still being impressed by some of the note choices youguys are making. I like bar 2 where it's all 8th notes, and then there's those quick 6 notes at the end! It's a Paul Gilbert lick too, I might have to use that little phrase myelf sometime. :oops:

thank you guys but I dont know what is the song name of that track.

I dont listen to paul gilbert too but im more in Alexi style with some mix that I came with

bobbilly said:
thank you guys but I dont know what is the song name of that track.

I dont listen to paul gilbert too but im more in Alexi style with some mix that I came with

Yeah I noticed it wasn't all PG style, I just meant those 6 notes specifically and what made it sound cool to me was the way you phrased it.

Rock Hydra said:
I tabbed that one in the WTF major.

:lol: I lol'd.

I think a few notes were out of key yeah but it was still structured well.

I've written 3 different solos and I think I like the 3rd the best, I'll upload them soon, I might write a 4th.

Also, I'm making a mega backing track which is basically just this but looped and I'm going to paste everyones solo onto it so we'll end up with a CoB forum member GP jam. Oh yes. :kickass:

<-Warheart-> said:

Please teach me, great tabmaster. Can you point out where and give an example of better placed notes? :worship: (If you haven't noticed, my theory blows :( )

Well first things first, do you know the notes on the fretboard?

Like, could I give you a guitar and say play a G# and you be able to do it?
And do you know what notes you're playing when you learn a run or something?

<-Warheart-> said:

I've written 3 different solos and I think I like the 3rd the best, I'll upload them soon, I might write a 4th.

Also, I'm making a mega backing track which is basically just this but looped and I'm going to paste everyones solo onto it so we'll end up with a CoB forum member GP jam. Oh yes. :kickass:
That would be pretty cool.

<-Warheart-> said:
Well first things first, do you know the notes on the fretboard?

Yes...Fluidly...no.

<-Warheart-> said:
Like, could I give you a guitar and say play a G# and you be able to do it?
And do you know what notes you're playing when you learn a run or something?

I could play a G#, but I'd have to calculate it out.
To your second question, well...i could figure it out...but when it comes out off of the top of my head...I don't know...

Rock Hydra said:
Yes...Fluidly...no.

I could play a G#, but I'd have to calculate it out.
To your second question, well...i could figure it out...but when it comes out off of the top of my head...I don't know...

Ah right ok. Well if you know them, or you can at least work it out, then that's something.

I don't really know to explain it properly but as long as you know the scale, then you can play diatonically.

C#min = C#, D#, E, F#, G#, A, B, C#.

So all you have to do is make sure you play those notes and it should fit.

Looking at your solo, I noticed a G was the first note and also a D in the 3rd bar and also that G in the last bar with the tapping. They're pretty much the notes making it sound off.

The reason I said did you write it in Bmin was because you used a B pent minor scale box shape at bar 3-6. If you move that up 2 frets, it'll be C#min and fit perfectly.

One thing that can really help when building a melody is actually paying attention to what chords you're playing over. In this case, it's C#5, A5 & B5, then G#5 at the end. Obviously these are just powerchords but with the key signature and everything, it implies:

C#min (C#,E, G#)
A (A, C#, E)
B (B, D#, F#)
G# (G#, B#, D#)

So after looking at those chords and the notes that they contain, you could try and aim to hit one of those notes over the chord that's playing at that certain time. Of course, you don't just have to do arpeggio after arpeggio etc, you can play anything but if you land on a D# just as the backing track plays a B chord, it's going to sound wonderful. (D# is the major 3rd of a B major chord!!)

Hopefully that made some kind of sense and wasn't too confusing?? But that's pretty much what goes through my mind as I'm writing leads, how does (x) note fit over (X) chord and does the melody sound any good.

The last chord is tricky, it's a 5 -> 1 progression in the harmonic minor scale, so to cut a long story short, a C# harmonic minor scale or a G# major arpeggio would be perfectly over it. If you need any help or anything, I'll be glad to help out.

bobbilly said:
very nice idea warheart you can put my solo in too if you want,
I would like to be in

Of course. Everyone that posts a solo will be put in. :)