TAB Thread.

xshadowsoulsx said:
:lol:

I got a quick recording question. When I record with a backing track, I can play along, but my recording will always appear before of after the backing track. Like it'll be like a 16th of a note off, and then I have to go in and adjust it, which'll take a little bit. Any ideas?

Are you recording in Cubase by any chance?

My mate said he would have that all the time but it's never happened to me and I use Cool Edit Pro 2.

If it happened to me in CEP, I'd drag the wave file along a bit until it matched.
The wave file is the big block that appears while you're recording, btw.

<-Warheart-> said:
Cost??? What?? :p

It's great yeah. Being a drummer myself, it's no hassle to program in a 20 second clip of whatever song I feel like recording. Getting some drum samples is a must though, the standard sounds are terrible.

Yeah tell me about it. I said to her I don't want to work and she was like "do I need to make an appointment for you to see a doctor?" Wtf bitch. I also said I was thinking about going back to train to be a music teacher at a college and she still thinks I need a job so I can give her money. But nevermind, I think getting a job will actually make me realise how valuable my time really is, I hardly practise at all these days.

I do actually remember your FtR recording, you had a real cool tone that I couldn't get so I admired that. :headbang:

You need a job like me, working on my pc from home :p

No one even knows your working hah

<-Warheart-> said:
Are you recording in Cubase by any chance?

My mate said he would have that all the time but it's never happened to me and I use Cool Edit Pro 2.

If it happened to me in CEP, I'd drag the wave file along a bit until it matched.
The wave file is the big block that appears while you're recording, btw.

No, I use Cakewalk's Guitar Tracks Pro.

Thats usually what I end up doing. Drag it over till I can get them to match up. But still, thats weird that its happening.

It might be that your pc has low RAM or something like that. But still, my old pc never did that and it was complete crap so I actually don't know WHY it does it. It shouldn't be the program either and it's nothing to do with your equipment. Does the program come with a manual or anything? It might say something about that, if not, I'd try have a look around google.

<-Warheart-> said:
Unfortunately it's all true. :erk:

She started making me cut the grass. :Smug: :lol:

I wish I had started earlier too!!! All my fav guitarists started much earlier than me.

Paul Gilbert (5, quit at 6, then started at 9)
Yngwie (5)
Jason Becker (5)
Alexi (Violin at 5, guitar at 10)

:erk:

The only real way to start way early like that is from your parents, as alexi said in the doco and most of the other band - their parents got them their first instrument quite young or sent them to lessons. Also would help if they're musicians themselves.

:lol: I wasn't expecting anyone to like it, I'm guessing most people hate it. For some reason, I like it. :zombie: But then again, I like some pop music too.

hahaha, hey, don't get me wrong. i like a lot of genres of music. jazz and classical are right up there for me along with death metel and punk rock. and i love 80's music too. but 80's like billy idol, echo and the bunnymen, prince, that kinda stuff. 80's hairmetal doesn't really float my boat. oooh and that song "99 red balloons" by nena is awesome too. especially the german version :D

lol yeah that's cool. Kum ba Jah is a religious hymn so as I said, I wouldn't expect anyone on here to actually "like" it. I just happened to hear the melody in my head when I was messing about on my guitar the other week and I felt like arranging a little classical style version of it and I just tabbed it out to see how it sounds with all the other instruments. I was kinda concentrating on harmony and sequencing and I think it came out pretty good.

Unfortunately, most of Alexi's solos are difficult in one way or another. :erk:

I tried doing the first bit of that Norther song, I have this so far:

http://download.yousendit.com/4629CF7C67D85C07

I could tell that 2nd chord was a C/G when I first heard it because I use those type of chords all the time and it was a familiar sound to my ears. There's a melody in the keyboards and I tried to get it close obviously but it's way too quiet.

Hey Mitchy...tnx for that Power Tab of Sweepings...it helpt me alot!!! :kickass:

It was in the OT "Guitars Thread" or smt.....

Ah right yeah. I wrote that for someone else who wanted to learn this stuff too and I remember that I had it saved. Just don't try and rush things like inversions and different keys and different shapes etc, it can get confusing.

OK first post has been updated once again with the following tabs:

(Btw, Rock Hydra's ftp doesn't seem to be working so Mike from France has kindly uploaded those non-downloadable tabs to his server so they're all working now. :)

Silent Night, Bodom Night complete and accurate
Hatebreeder guitar solos
Towards Dead End intro
Children of Bodom solo
Downfall solo has had the full band join in
Lake Bodom Tokyo Warhearts live intro
HCDR chorus
HCDR solo 2nd half
Are You Dead Yet? Guitar World transcription
Alexi Laiho licks that I worked out from a live guitar/keyz battle
Alexi and Roope warmup exercises
Razor Blade Salvation solos, I re-arranged them into the correct tuning/key
Sinergy - The Bitch is Back

That is all. :cool:

"Alexi Laiho style licks" under the OTHER section.

I think I added another lick in at the end aswell which he does alot.