TAB Thread.

You're right, Mitch. Here's a much better way of playing it, IMO. There's probably a different/better way of playing that last little part, but I find that it's probably the easiest to play for me, despite the fast position change.

-----------------------------------------------8-7------------------7---
---------------------------------------------7-----10-8-7---7-8-10------
-----------------------------9-7-----------8--------------9-------------
--------10-9-7------------9------10-9-7-9------------------------------
------9--------10-9-7-10------------------------------------------------
-7-11-------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------8-12-10-12-8-12---12------
------------------------5-4--------9-8-9-11------------------11---9---
-------5--------------4-----7-5-4--------------------------------------
-----7---8-7-5-----6----------------------------------------------------
-5-8-----------8\7------------------------------------------------------

----------3-7-5-7-3-7---7-----------
-5-4-5-7--------------7---5---------
-------------------------------------

You could do that too for the last part. I think I might like that better - no position change.

Yeah man, that looks pretty much perfect except the 2nd shape on the 2nd row, he plays the first shape again and stays in the same position for the pedal point bit, good job.

http://download.yousendit.com/56DB29831B200D18

I have something else for you guys to do. Here's a Sinergy intro and I'd like us all to try and figure out the easiest way of playing it.

http://download.yousendit.com/B532F2921649DEAD

I've got an idea but there might be easier ways.

This is how i play it:
------------------------------------------------8-7------------------7--
------------------------------3---------------7-----10-8-7---7-8-10-----
-----------5-4------------4-----7-5-4------8---------------9------------
--------4------7-5-4----5-------------7--9------------------------------
----6-----------------7--------------------------------------------------
-7-----------------------------------------------------------------------

|-----------------|-----------------|---------------------|-------------------|
|-----------------|-----------------|----------8-12-10-12-|-8-12----12--------|
|-----------------|-------5-4-------|-9-8-9-11------------|------11----9------|
|-----2-5-3-2-----|-----4-----7-5-4-|---------------------|-------------------|
|-0-3---------5-3-|-2-6-------------|---------------------|-------------------|
|-----------------|-----------------|---------------------|-------------------|

Epi said:
I would probably play it something like this:

Sinergy - I Spit On Your Grave Intro

Yeah that's pretty much the same as what I came up with, except the D minor part. That stretch is pretty big so I stuck it in the 10th position like this.

http://download.yousendit.com/740A37285728B8B2

When I used to practise it, I played the C major part the same with the left hand but I picked it:

Down, down, up...down, down, up...etc

I found it easier to keep a steady rhythm that way.

^ see, then you were economy picking right? i read your reply saying that alt picking is better than economy picking, and i think so too. or at least i think it's a bit more convenient cuz economy picking takes time to think of how you're going to pick the next note....i don't know...i guess i just wont worry about economy picking. i mean, is there really an advantage to it?

Mystique1721 said:
^ see, then you were economy picking right? i read your reply saying that alt picking is better than economy picking, and i think so too. or at least i think it's a bit more convenient cuz economy picking takes time to think of how you're going to pick the next note....i don't know...i guess i just wont worry about economy picking. i mean, is there really an advantage to it?

Well I guess it is yeah...

But it's for an repeating arpeggio so it's kinda different, I'd never use it in a scale though.

http://download.yousendit.com/BE16AABE5E186A52

Try that and see which one you like best. It totally up to you to decide but I don't like it unless it's for stuff like that intro.

<-Warheart-> said:
Well I guess it is yeah...

But it's for an repeating arpeggio so it's kinda different, I'd never use it in a scale though.

http://download.yousendit.com/BE16AABE5E186A52

Try that and see which one you like best. It totally up to you to decide but I don't like it unless it's for stuff like that intro.

alternate picking just comes more natural to me. although, economy picking felt fine on that scale/mode whatever it was. oh and you could've just tabbed out the scale once and told me to try both styles of picking on it. you're too considerate :p

by the way, Happy Halloween everyone!!!! i can't wait for tomorrow night, well technically, now that it's 2:30 in the morning, tonight!!!

Yeah I could have, dno why I didn't. Well as I said, you can choose from here and practise what you want. But I really want to get my alternate picking together, I can't play 3 notes per string stuff that great.

well, i mean on a major scale you have to play 3 notes per string...i'm sure you can play that just fine. are you talking about something more complicated? like maybe something super fast?

Anything, I just haven't trained myself to be able to play that kinda stuff fluently. Considering my my influence for technique is Paul Gilbert, I have a long way to go...

Well OK I just learnt the song Sunlit Nights by Racer X. It's got a really fucking cool chorus. It's a real basic chord progression played with powerchords but there's little fills in between each one and they're all harmonised in diatonics 3rds. I'm going to try and record it later. :erk:

(It has 3 note per string stuff...)

WOW, that would be HARD to play at full speed, damn.

Also, welcome to the forums. You chose a good thread to post in first. ;)