TAB Thread.

Kattana said:
yeah, sorry bout that lol, but yeah thats what i meant, how hard is it to get used to the floyd rose?

You need to understand HOW it works, then tuning it, changing string and chaning tuning will be a piece of cake.

I even took my bridge off completely today so I could re-attatch it to the posts and sort out the action. Then I put it all back together and tuned to D standard. :kickass:

_DJ_british_motard_ said:
Yeah, im starting to go into recording, but i was wondering what is best: dyou put your guitar or amp directly in the sound card input or put a mic and record the sound of the amp?

I use the mic (and I have a crappy mic). I've also tried to play through the soundcard (you know, plug the guitar straight to line in) but didn't really like it. Especially when you're playing songs which need distortion because you need to play with clean sound and add the distortion afterwards (VST effects). The sound quality (atleast in my case) was much better with the VST effects than with my crappy mic but I feel more comfortable recording and also hearing exactly what I'm recording at the same time. :D Oh, and then there's that option Warheart mentioned. I think POD or something like that would be the best option. I don't know.. whatever.

mmmmh, first time it took me about an 2 hours to understand it and properly changing and tuning my strings. After that it become easy. The hard thing is to have your floyd parallel to the body of your guitar

My floyd rose is weird, like I have it tuned to D standard, but I cant tune it to anything higher, like standard or a half step down, becuase my floyd rose get to high up, any ideas?

<-Warheart-> said:
Either really. I plug my guitar into an effects thing then plug that into the computer but if you don't have anything like that, then mic'ing up your amp would be the best idea.
ok ,i have a pretty good mic so its nice

xshadowsoulsx said:
My floyd rose is weird, like I have it tuned to D standard, but I cant tune it to anything higher, like standard or a half step down, becuase my floyd rose get to high up, any ideas?
You have to tighten the screw behind your guitar very slowly( like a quarter of turn each time),then retune, then redo it until your its parralel

You have to tighten the screw behind your guitar very slowly( like a quarter of turn each time),then retune, then redo it until your its parralel

Like under the back plate under the floyd rose?

Cool, i know how one works, i was lookin at it on wikipedia, but i was just wondering how hard it actually is to do it :lol:
shit, ive got a whole essay and short story to write tomorow :erk:

ive heard that doing it fast can be bad but idk

Maybe you're thinking of the truss rod. That needs fucking TINY movements at a time because you can cause irreparable damage by fucking around with that.

Kattanna, I thiink really understanding how one works takes a bit of experience. To me it was just common sense but when you get the hang on it, it's just as easy as changing a string.

<-Warheart-> said:
Maybe you're thinking of the truss rod. That needs fucking TINY movements at a time because you can cause irreparable damage by fucking around with that.
Nope, i talk about the screw. Anyway, i just read that on the net so...

<-Warheart-> said:
Don't do it slowly, it'll take you ages.

You've got to screw the little plate thing closer to the body like this. Then the strings will be pulled towards the bridge. The tuning should automatically raise. It's actually really hard to explain but you just gotta know what to look for and how to treat it.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9643/thorsten20trem20springsxn2.jpg

So if I just tighten that, it should automatically change the tuning?

Hey Mitch, in the song Children of Bodom, this riff...

Code:
|-----------------|-----------------|-------8-7--------|----------7-------|
|-----------------|-------5---------|-----7-----10-8-7-|---7-8-10---------|
|-------5-4-------|-----4---7-5-4---|---8--------------|-9----------------|
|-----4-----7-5-4-|---5-----------7-|-9----------------|------------------|
|-2-6-------------|-7---------------|------------------|------------------|
|-----------------|-----------------|------------------|------------------|

|-----------------|-----------------|---------------------|-------------------|
|-----------------|-----------------|----------8-12-10-12-|-8-12----12--------|
|-----------------|-------5-4-------|-9-8-9-11------------|------11----9------|
|-----2-5-3-2-----|-----4-----7-5-4-|---------------------|-------------------|
|-0-3---------5-3-|-2-6-------------|---------------------|-------------------|
|-----------------|-----------------|---------------------|-------------------|

Do you know if thats how Alexi plays it?