TAB Thread.

AlexiLiimatainen said:
I've always been a big fan of Sonata Arctica, but when I saw Jani live like a foot in front of me... I was really fucking blown away, He was playing fucking fast as hell like it was nothing. Tony Kakko is one of my favorite song writers too.

I like Sonata Arctica, but I absolutly hate their lyrics. I do care more about music in bands, but still, alot of the lyrics are absolutly horrible.

Hey Mitch, off topic again, but have you heard any of the new Arsis album? Im listening to it now, and it doesnt seem bad (but Im only on the 2nd song :p)

yeah, it really is. but tell me if this part is correct:

E-------1--4-8-12-7-3--------------------------
B-----1----------------5-----------------
G---1--------------------4----------------
D-3------------------------5---------------
A---------------------------------------
E------------------------------------------

this is measure 48 on the GP file. is there a better way to play that part? cuz its hard going all over the place like that and playing it at the right speed ya know? or maybe i should just not be a bum and practice it some more :D

Whoa! Don't hurt yourself trying to play something like that.:lol: I think that's the weirdest transcription I've ever seen for a sweep.

Try this.

----------------8-12-7-----------------------
--------------9--------8---------------------
-----------10------------9-------------------
--------10-----------------9-----------------
---8-11----------------------10--------------
----------------------------------------------

You could also do it this way if you're more comfortable tapping the top note, but it's more of a stretch, as it's lower down the neck.

----------4-8-t12-7-3---------------
--------6-------------5-------------
------5-----------------4-----------
----6---------------------5---------
--8---------------------------------
------------------------------------

My edwards arrived :)

123zu8.jpg

2342tu0.jpg

and another

http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1231vi8.jpg

well it's not a sweep though. have you heard the song i'm talking about it? it's not particularly fast, but it is a really awesome song to play. but thanks for the alternatives :D

Mystique1721 said:
umosay: sweet guitar!!! and i especially love that you have it hanging by the FTR poster. what a great way to inspire yourself!!

Thanks... but his axe is a bit sharper :p

well yeah, i mean the pegs or whatever you call the things that you turn to tighten/loosen the string. those go out of place if you lay the guitar flat down.

Mystique1721 said:
yeah, it really is. but tell me if this part is correct:

E-------1--4-8-12-7-3--------------------------
B-----1----------------5-----------------
G---1--------------------4----------------
D-3------------------------5---------------
A---------------------------------------
E------------------------------------------

this is measure 48 on the GP file. is there a better way to play that part? cuz its hard going all over the place like that and playing it at the right speed ya know? or maybe i should just not be a bum and practice it some more :D

The second solo in that tab starting at bar 83 has some really bad fingerings in it also. You shouldn't try playing it like that.