TAB Thread.

Awesome guitars umosay! Which is the one thats in the middle of the second picture? And how is the Edwards? I had been looking at them, but its just the fact that its not an actual ESP, I wasnt sure if they were any good.

hello fellow tabber:)
can you help me?

Next week i'm gonna record some CoB covers (...) Silent Night, Bodom Night and Bed or Razors, but there are some minor mistakes in the tabs, so i'm asking if one of you could help me:

1)bar 20 of Bed of Razors: the harmony is wrong (at least the fingering)
2)BoR bar 31 i'm not sure it is correct
3)BoR the last two bars of the song: there's another harmony guitar but it isn't tabbed
4) SNBN bar 53-54 how do alexi plays those parts live?
5)SNBN keyboard bar 49 and on ("when the calm ...") it plays a little melody not chords.
6) SNBN keyboard solo: at the end there's a bending and some difference from the guitar one

hope you can help me!

Alachi said:
hello fellow tabber:)
can you help me?

Next week i'm gonna record some CoB covers (...) Silent Night, Bodom Night and Bed or Razors, but there are some minor mistakes in the tabs, so i'm asking if one of you could help me:

3)BoR the last two bars of the song: there's another harmony guitar but it isn't tabbed
5)SNBN keyboard bar 49 and on ("when the calm ...") it plays a little melody not chords.
6) SNBN keyboard solo: at the end there's a bending and some difference from the guitar one

hope you can help me!

BoR bar 20 should be played like this:

E--15------------14-13------------12----
B-----14------13-------12------11-------
G--------12-11------------10-9--------
D-------------------------------

or, there's another way, i used to play it:

E--15--------------14--13-------------12------------
B-----14--------13--------12-------11-------------
G--------15-14---------------13-12--------------------

but i think the first one sounds better

edit: it's not really the wrong fingering, you just have to get used to playing it like that. it's kind of like a sweep, but not really, you can hear him pick the notes.

xshadowsoulsx said:
Awesome guitars umosay! Which is the one thats in the middle of the second picture? And how is the Edwards? I had been looking at them, but its just the fact that its not an actual ESP, I wasnt sure if they were any good.

It's a LTD MH400NT.

The Edwards seems quite a bit better than even my MH400NT, so it's a quality guitar. Very easy to play and fast. The HZ sound suprisingly good - although you could always change pickup if you wanted to. I've never played an actual ESP but i'm guessing the quality would be exactly the same, a guy who's played the edwards and the ESP says the only realy difference is that the edwards doesn't glow in the dark :p

umosay said:
It's a LTD MH400NT.

The Edwards seems quite a bit better than even my MH400NT, so it's a quality guitar. Very easy to play and fast. The HZ sound suprisingly good - although you could always change pickup if you wanted to. I've never played an actual ESP but i'm guessing the quality would be exactly the same, a guy who's played the edwards and the ESP says the only realy difference is that the edwards doesn't glow in the dark :p

To be a little more specific the Edwards doesn't have the same quality of wood as that of an ESP. But the build quality is nearly identical - built by the same people (under the same roof, IIRC). Basically, only a highly seasoned player would be able to tell between the two in a blindfold test. And just so you know, by "wood quality", I mean that the neck wood has a more attractive grain to it. It's no stronger or sweeter in tone. So it's a great guitar for the relatively low price. I'd definitely buy the E-AL-120 to go with my SV, but I'm in the process of building an SV copy. Hopefully it'll turn out halfway decent, and I can all my own guitars from now on...

Yeah wood quality would be better... but this stuff on the al-120 is very good quality, and yes it is made in the ESP factory

xshadowsoulsx said:
Hey Mitch, off topic again, but have you heard any of the new Arsis album? Im listening to it now, and it doesnt seem bad (but Im only on the 2nd song)

Yeah I have it. I do really like the first track alot, even though I didn't when I first heard it. I still can't get into track 5 and I haven't really given the rest of the album that much attention yet.

Cool guitar umosay.

Alachi said:
hello fellow tabber
can you help me?

hope you can help me!

SNBN is in the first post!!

For Bed of Razors, try this:

http://download.yousendit.com/364C77674D09BF5A

Mystique1721 said:
yeah, it really is. but tell me if this part is correct:

E-------1--4-8-12-7-3--------------------------
B-----1----------------5-----------------
G---1--------------------4----------------
D-3------------------------5---------------
A---------------------------------------
E------------------------------------------

this is measure 48 on the GP file. is there a better way to play that part? cuz its hard going all over the place like that and playing it at the right speed ya know? or maybe i should just not be a bum and practice it some more

You should play it the way it's tabbed in the post directly under that question. As Ben said, this way is silly.

Ben Johnson said:
To be a little more specific the Edwards doesn't have the same quality of wood as that of an ESP. But the build quality is nearly identical - built by the same people (under the same roof, IIRC). Basically, only a highly seasoned player would be able to tell between the two in a blindfold test. And just so you know, by "wood quality", I mean that the neck wood has a more attractive grain to it. It's no stronger or sweeter in tone. So it's a great guitar for the relatively low price. I'd definitely buy the E-AL-120 to go with my SV, but I'm in the process of building an SV copy. Hopefully it'll turn out halfway decent, and I can all my own guitars from now on...
Are you saing that the only difference between woods are for the eyes?

<-Warheart-> said:
You should play it the way it's tabbed in the post directly under that question. As Ben said, this way is silly.

i know, isn't silly to go all the way from 4-8-12-7-3? that's the part that bothered me. but yeah, i got it now, thanks.

and yay, mitch is back!! (sorry, i'm just used to seeing you on this forum like every few hours and it seemed like you were gone for a while :lol: )

Mystique1721 said:
i know, isn't silly to go all the way from 4-8-12-7-3? that's the part that bothered me. but yeah, i got it now, thanks.

and yay, mitch is back!! (sorry, i'm just used to seeing you on this forum like every few hours and it seemed like you were gone for a while :lol: )

Yeah I was held back, mum's being weird. :Smug:

You could do a slide on that part but Ben's way is definitely easier.

I just looked at a tab of Written in Stone and it seems unaccurate. I'm probably going to re-do the solo tomorrow.

I have this cool effects box thing where I can plug my guitar in and a wire from my cd player into it and plug my headphones into the Output so I can hear the cd and my guitar at the same time while I'm upstairs and away from the computer. It also records what it hears and you can slow it down to 50% speed so you can play along. I got the "Children of Bodom" solo ad the "Kissing the Shadows" first solo up to full speed today. :zombie:

umosay said:
It's a LTD MH400NT.

Thats cool, Ive wanted an ESP SV, but they are way to expensive. So Im guessing my next guitar will be the LTD M-400. I just really want a neck-through ESP(or LTD) as my next guitar.

And Mitch, Yeah the rest of the cd is good too. There are parts of number 5 that I do like though.

<-Warheart-> said:
I just looked at a tab of Written in Stone and it seems unaccurate. I'm probably going to re-do the solo tomorrow.

yes!! could you please do that? i'm going to play the first part of the song and maybe the solo too in my class on monday....i'm kinda nervous though, cuz i'll be playing the whole thing on my electric guitar and those acoustic parts sound like shit on an electric, well at least with my amp anyway :erk:

Mystique1721 said:
yes!! could you please do that? i'm going to play the first part of the song and maybe the solo too in my class on monday....i'm kinda nervous though, cuz i'll be playing the whole thing on my electric guitar and those acoustic parts sound like shit on an electric, well at least with my amp anyway :erk:

Yeah I will, I was listening to it thinking, "hmm, cool".

That sweep part you asked for sounded terrible in the tab, sounds really wrong to me.

I also learnt "Passage to the Fourth World" like I wanted to. :D I've been playing a bit too fast today so my wrist is actually hurting a little bit. :erk:

Reactions: Kattana
<-Warheart-> said:
Yeah I will, I was listening to it thinking, "hmm, cool".

That sweep part you asked for sounded terrible in the tab, sounds really wrong to me.

I also learnt "Passage to the Fourth World" like I wanted to. :D I've been playing a bit too fast today so my wrist is actually hurting a little bit. :erk:

Ach, Roope's solo is a bitch and a half.:erk: I can't play either of their solos cleanly above 75% speed.