TAB Thread.

can anyone explain to me why some of my tabs when i open them up in GP7 the tuning is off? It seems to be only with the guitar harmonies and solos. The tracks say they are in the correct tuning and the fingering is correct but the tuning is still way off. wtf?
It seems to be the convertion. I also have problems with all harmonies and some notes. But I can simply fix it by pressing stop and play. Then everything'S fine again.

But that's the reason why I switched back to good old gp5

can anyone explain to me why some of my tabs when i open them up in GP7 the tuning is off? It seems to be only with the guitar harmonies and solos. The tracks say they are in the correct tuning and the fingering is correct but the tuning is still way off. wtf?
It seems to be the convertion. I also have problems with all harmonies and some notes. But I can simply fix it by pressing stop and play. Then everything'S fine again.

But that's the reason why I switched back to good old gp5

I've noticed that too and it seems that if there's any sort of tremolo arm use, unless the pitch gets brought back to neutral, the remainder of the track will be stuck in slightly out of tune.

Wouldn't @<-Warheart-> repair the first page to have the nice list up again? :rolleyes:

(Although I have a saved zip of it -made by someone else- it's missing Stone tabs and a few extras.)

Also, I have some tabs that've never been added properly before and the old COB BTs rar if you need them.

Last edited:
Reactions: P4T0U
Ha I've been wanting to sort it, it would take agessssss though. I'm sure I'd have to copy paste every single link from a new hosting location, I'm not even sure why they're not working.

Is dropbox dead nowadays?

Nobodys using Dropbox anymore since they still stuck on 6GB.

But there's no need to re-upload every single tab again on a hoster and put every single DL link on the first page. Just put them like me into one single folder and link to it. It's faster and you don't have to update every single tab.

Like this (unsorted, but as an example)

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoRPruQe7BMHi9NKk1yBkg1-J3hqGQ

BTW here are all of my Backing Tracks of Bodom and Bodom related songs

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoRPruQe7BMHySdcqFrarfC8bQUc?e=6lcr16

You can also use the two links and link them on the first page. I could add all the tabs from the first page then, so your only job would be to edit the text on the first page (like delete all dead links and replace them with the two above) a bit

Edit 2:

I would also create some kind of an "public/guest" folder where we could upload all the tab-snippets/unfinished tabs from all members. This way none of the tabs will be lost in the depths of this thread. So one "official section" (I don't know how to call it, but I think you giys know what I mean) and one public fodler

Last edited:
Hmm yes I guess that looks like the only sensible way to solve this problem.

I like the asthetics of the main post with all the colours and individual links but I think those days are long gone!

Does anyone have a good Taste of My Scythe tab? Pretty new to playing guitar but the tab for this song commonly found on google is obviously wrong. Watching covers on youtube everyone plays it different from these tabs and it sounds way better.

To all my guitar players, i need help. I have trouble knowing when im supposed to pick every single note and when to use a little legato. I usually try to pick almost everything and clearly that doesnt work so well. Any good tutorials on what technique to use for different types of licks?

To all my guitar players, i need help. I have trouble knowing when im supposed to pick every single note and when to use a little legato. I usually try to pick almost everything and clearly that doesnt work so well. Any good tutorials on what technique to use for different types of licks?
I don't think there's any rule for that. If the thing I'm playing is slow then I usually do whatever sounds best (Usually this means that I'll pick most of the notes, but will go for legato on short one string trills etc.). If it's fast then I usually pick everything I can and legato the rest (When playing scale runs for example I'll pick everything unless it's so fast that I can't, at which point I'll pick the first note on each string).

Last edited:
One example where it simplifies a lot would be the Bed of Razors arpeggio at the beginning of the solo.

arpeggio1.png

You could do it like this...

arpeggio2.png

but it's harder because you are adding the 6th string in the pattern. A clear advantage of the form above is that legato gives you time to go for the tapping on the 19th fret too. Nonetheless, it is still a pretty good arpeggio to practice.

Also, there is a non-negligible impact on the note envelope and so, it won't sound like the original.

One example where it simplifies a lot would be the Bed of Razors arpeggio at the beginning of the solo.

arpeggio1.png

You could do it like this...

arpeggio2.png

but it's harder because you are adding the 6th string in the pattern. A clear advantage of the form above is that legato gives you time to go for the tapping on the 19th fret too. Nonetheless, it is still a pretty good arpeggio to practice.

Also, there is a non-negligible impact on the note envelope and so, it won't sound like the original.
It'd be far easier to play if you switch the 20 on the low E to a 15 on the A string, and the 15 on the low E to a 10 on the A string.

I use legato whenever I can because I suck at fast picking over more than 2 strings. Cool thing to learn legato is the beginning of Technical Difficulties. I know Gilbert picks every note, but this is a good example when using legato is much easier. Also the fast part in the BBT verse is much easier when you play legato (I think Alexi's playing legato there as well).

@P4T0U Guitarists usually try to avoid patterns like 17-17-17 on 3 different different strings because it's much harder to avoid string noise when you play things like that + there's almost always an easier way to play it.

Could someone correct the tab Get Stoned for me please? I have Mitch's version for the intro, but that's only the intro and the one linked prior is incorrect imo.
This might probably also helps:

Also, I've just read what you guys said above about the first page and still it would be a nice touch to repair it no matter how "obsolete' it is, and Arcane's lair still missing some of the tabs. Maybe the best solution could be if Mitch would replace the links from Arcane's Dropbox or OneDrive since afaik he keeps those accounts alive since years therefore it would last longer probably. I would gladly fix it myself, however I'm not the post owner :(