TAB Thread.

well no but you know what I mean, they think because they can play "Pull Harder.." they're amazing musicians and it just fucks me off hah ><. I personally don't mind trivium that much. Yeah Corey Beaulieu.. (I dunno if that's how you spell it) is definately the much more talented of the two

I see where youre comming at, the style of music the play also affects the opinion of the musicians, even if theyre great. There are some great jazz musicians, like allan holdsworth, who is one awesome guitarist aswell as having great licks. But its just not my cup of tea.

Hey Epi, would you be able to convert this PG4 file into a mp3 using soundfonts please?

Racer X - Snakebite

I still don't understand how to do it and I can't try atm because Fruity Loops is on my other computer. Thanks.

:D You rule, thanks!!!

So do you just export the drums from a GP4 file as a MIDI file and import the MIDI into FL and then select that drumkit and it should work?

'Cause I tried that earlier (even though my pc was running in safe mode and FL was in demo mode) and there were no signs of it playing back. I couldn't tell though because I had no sound but I'd really love to be able to do this myself soon.

:D You rule, thanks!!!

So do you just export the drums from a GP4 file as a MIDI file and import the MIDI into FL and then select that drumkit and it should work?

'Cause I tried that earlier (even though my pc was running in safe mode and FL was in demo mode) and there were no signs of it playing back. I couldn't tell though because I had no sound but I'd really love to be able to do this myself soon.

No problem dude! :)

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I'll try to look for the detailed instructions once more. I still believe they're somewhere online. :)

Alright thanks!! That would help alot because I don't think I'm doing it right. :erk:

Yup, but bad news.

I found the thread, it was on guitars101.com forum and the thread starter has
deleted everything. Don't know why though. :erk:

I'll try to explain the whole thing on msn or something? It's really not that hard
thing to do. :)

Or you could post it here, im sure others are interested to hear, atleast i am.

Alrighty. I'll try to explain this the best I can. Hope you'll get the idea. :)

CREATING BACKING TRACKS WITH FRUITY LOOPS

1. Open Guitar Pro -> Open the file you wish to make a backing track from -> Convert the GP file to midi and save it to your hard drive.

2. Go to HammerSound, and download some soundfonts (drumkit, bass, keyboard etc.).

Soundfonts should be saved somewhere in the root of the Fruity Loops so you can use them when you open Fruity Loops. Here's a screenshot of how I've saved them and where: CLICK!
I believe that the 'Soundfonts' directory is created when you install the program (FL). I made sub-directories to all the different instruments so it's easier to find them when you're in Fruity Loops.

3. Next you open up Fruity Loops -> Import the midi file you made earlier. Like this: CLICK!

4. Now you have the midi file imported to Fruity Loops. Should look something like this: CLICK! There's all the tracks just like in GP. Now you need to drag the soundfonts on the right tracks. Like this: CLICK!

5. Now, saving track by track in wav format. It's not necessary to save track by track but I like to do it so I can modify all the different instruments in Adobe Audition later.

So, basically you just turn off the tracks you don't want in the wav file, like: CLICK! Here I've turned off all the other tracks except the drum track (see the red rectangle). And next you'll go to File -> Export -> Wave file... and save the file. Do this to all the tracks and you'll have every instrument separately in wave format.

I think you could just drag the soundfonts on the tracks, leave all the tracks on, export it to mp3 and that would be it but I've never been happy to the sound at that point so I modify the dynamics and add some reverb etc. in Audition to make all the instruments sound a bit more realistic.

Hmm.. that's about it, I guess. Feel free to ask if something doesn't make sense or otherwise doesn't work. :D

And, this is just the way I do it. I bet there are tons of other ways to do this and this is just one of them.

Wow, great lesson. :D

With demo pics and everything. When I import the MIDI, I don't think it comes up like yours does, it just imports into one track and doesn't show the wave form. :confused: I'll try again later because I probably did wrong somewhere alone the line.

lol yeah mitch could do that its not that its impossible , its a 11 sec lick , the first part sounds like a dominant 7th scale and the 2nd like a pentatonic

I noticed that on the first page theres a tab for the passage to the reaper demo 2 but its incomplete. Has anyone managed to fully tab this yet?
I tried and failed:erk: