TAB Thread.

Left hand muting and palm muting is a difference.
Palm muting is to mute a string to achive a shorter tone of a note (but a clear tone).
Left hand muting is a nearly complete mute of a string. Children of Bodom use this technique in a lot of their songs (like the guitars under the YBOD key solo).

About the ETID intro.... not the 3rd string is muted but the 2nd. Put your left hand on your fretboard like when you play a normal chord (in ETID on a#) but only press the 1st and the 3rd string. Your forefinger MUST touch the first 2 strings but ONLY press the 1st string. The second string should be just touched - like when you play a natural harmonic.

Ah ok, thanks guys! Then I was indeed left hand muting this whole time. I just got confused because I thought you suggested that I should somehow do the palm muting effect with my left hand, and that's why I asked how is the left hand supposed to mute the low E string :lol: But ok, I understand what you mean now.

Ah ok, thanks guys! Then I was indeed left hand muting this whole time. I just got confused because I thought you suggested that I should somehow do the palm muting effect with my left hand, and that's why I asked how is the left hand supposed to mute the low E string :lol: But ok, I understand what you mean now.
You can do that if you fret the second fret of the A string with your middle finger, use the index to slightly mute the low E and your ring finger to mute the A string a little. Admittedly it would be a completely pointless exercise for most people who can simply palm mute it, but I know a guy with a muscle disorder that made palm muting almost impossible for him (unless he tilted the guitar to the point of being almost horizontal).

I know this sounds stupid but i would like to know if someone can show me some stuff about double guitar harmony. I have written them by ear so far and i would like to know the other way also so...if you have any links or anything...thanks

The main intervals you want to use are 3rds, 6ths, and 5ths. Make sure you use notes that are in the key that you are in, and this will give you either minor or major intervals for the 3rds and 6ths. You can throw in dissonant intervals too, but it's really all up to the ear.

hey Mitch, would this also be the case for the verse in Snakebite? Like how do you know when a 2 string riff should be alternate picked vs. down picked (cuz I believe Metallica has a lot of fast riffs that are supposed to be played with down picking).

Snakebite? If I'm in the right tuning (C#, G#, C#, F# A# D#), then I'll just play the open 6th string on it's own. I might have tabbed it wrong if you're looking at my tab, but it sounds to me like just one string.

Ohhh no wonder. Cuz yeah, I was looking at your tab and you've tabbed it in D standard, with
D--6--6-
A--4--4-

being chugged or whatever you wanna call it. So I thought it was a similar case to the ETID intro. But neverrrmind.
Altho I'm still curious as to how one knows whether to alternate pick such riffs or to down pick them? Is it just that we have to listen to the tone of how it's been played and that's how we know?

Pretty much. Most of the times it's pretty clear when it's downpick or when it is alternate. Sometimes (particularly with loads of distortion e.g. Lamb Of God's Set To Fail) it's hard to tell (not in that one because there is an official video where they appear playing it alternate iirc, but you get the idea), but usually it's not too difficult to tell once you get used to the difference in sound. It's like palm muting or not.

Hey,

I have a question concerning the needled 24/7 tab, inerlude part 1 (bars 130-133).
needled.jpg

I seriously do not know how to do the slide on the 2nd string from 13 to 4.
Any Explanation on this?^^ Is this really the way it is played or does anyone have a better solution?

thanks in advance ;)

How accurate is downfall on the first page?

Not 100% perfect but pretty accurate.

For example lead guitar bar 170 the last 4 notes are:

15-12-
------13-12

and the last note in bar 187 is a C# on A-string, not an E on the D-String and few other small things for each instrument.

There is also a lower harmony part under the last chorus/melody part.
Here is it with keys: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2960894/guitars + keys.mp3

Hey,

I have a question concerning the needled 24/7 tab, inerlude part 1 (bars 130-133).
needled.jpg

I seriously do not know how to do the slide on the 2nd string from 13 to 4.
Any Explanation on this?^^ Is this really the way it is played or does anyone have a better solution?

thanks in advance ;)

I think the notes are wrong. When I listen to it I'm pretty sure it's a pinch harmonic from the 8th fret. Im pretty sure it's a harmonic but not really on which fret (don't have my guitar here) but it should be 8 or 11 or something

I think the notes are wrong. When I listen to it I'm pretty sure it's a pinch harmonic from the 8th fret. Im pretty sure it's a harmonic but not really on which fret (don't have my guitar here) but it should be 8 or 11 or something

I think 8 but im not sure. WIll have a look at it again 2omorrow.

Hi everyone
I guess there's a small mistake has been made in Punch me I bleed tabs
in bar 76 it should be
E| 10-8-10-8
B| - - - - - -10-8
G| - - - - - - - - 10-7-10

check alexi's rockhouse lesson on youtube.com

Not 100% perfect but pretty accurate.

For example lead guitar bar 170 the last 4 notes are:

15-12-
------13-12

and the last note in bar 187 is a C# on A-string, not an E on the D-String and few other small things for each instrument.

There is also a lower harmony part under the last chorus/melody part.
Here is it with keys: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2960894/guitars + keys.mp3

Are you sure about "
and the last note in bar 187 is a C# on A-string, not an E on the D-String and few other small things for each instrument." ? I'm not.