Talk About Uncomfortable ...

I've been through something similar several times but never with a skirt. Usually it happened at "raves". I don't think I would give a shit about the skirt but I might have to desperately hold the urge to laugh out loud.

Why are people so nervous about genitalia, sexuality and gender that people going to the bathroom differently freaks them out?

because its human nature to feel a sense of unease or discomfort at being forcibly place in an unexpected situation like that. While I think "fear" is too strong a word to use in this particular example, its still something that a lot of people don't have a lot of experience with

Like anything else, you can't expect someone to behave any certain way in that situation cause everyone is different, especially if its the 1st time its happened to them.

If anything, I'd say for the most part his reaction was quite average for the average guy. Some particularly unbalanced individuals may have reacted negatively and aggressively towards the person in question

True/\

But I think he was more interested in finding out what the conventional etiquette for a man who is trying to live as a woman would be in regards to taking a slash.

For me... you have a penis?
You are a man, do it in the gents.

Didn't think this would generate much attention haha

Honestly, it's not something I ever prepared myself for nor could I ever actually prepare myself for it. Not a whole lot offends me or makes me uncomfortable and I've played enough drunken rounds of "Would You Rather" to get a good sense of where I stand when it comes to random situations that could make someone uncomfortable. I was surprised it threw me off so much tbh. I don't care how someone goes to the restroom (I sit down when I pee first thing in the morning ... WHATOFIT?!), but something about a guy in transition to become a woman and get his bits chopped off that lifts up his skirt to use the head with cock and balls all hanging out irked the shit out of me. Other people's junk doesn't bother me ... in bootcamp we had group showers, one of the gyms I go to has group showers, I see my bits several times a day. Dicks are dicks, all men have them, and I'm grown enough to realize that and not be uncomfortable if I see one (as long as it's not pointing directly at me ... THAT is freakin awkward), but something about this transitional post-op really bothered me when I'm made of sterner stuff. Though I was weirded out by it, it was freaking hilarious due to how unexpected it was.

Funnily enough, now that this has happened, I see this person EVERYWHERE

My best friend is gay so i've been exposed to shit that most straight men would cower in fear of but I think even i'd be caught way off guard by that situation too. I'd be looking around for a hidden camera or ashton kutcher.

Because technically, yes, she should be using the women's room and it's surprising that she doesn't. Even if they all know it's a man, there's stalls in there. She can just sit down and pretend.

It all kinda reeks of the super fat girl that sues Hooters for discrimination because they won't hire her

Or the fucking parents who sue the boy scouts because they won't accept their DAUGHTER'S application (you know there are girl scouts right?)

Basically someone that may just be more than a bit self-centered and has some overblown sense of entitlement

Well considering I work at government facility in a secured area, I don't think there would be any hidden cameras like that haha. So help me god, if they gave Ashton Kutcher a security clearance, then I've lost all faith in our government.

Skinny Viking, I agree with you 100% after having bumped into this person a few times now oddly enough. They walk around with this "I'm more important than anyone, get out of my way" body language, they don't say excuse me, and appear to have a complete lack of respect for anyone but themselves. I'm all for confidence, but when you're dick (or bitch in this case?) about it, I look at you like an asshole and lose respect for you quick

I think it would have more traumatic if there was a chick I was dating and had been for a while, then it was time to have some pre-maritals for the first time in the relationships, and BAM ... skirt-cock. No amount of scrubbing with Ajax, bleach, and a brillo pad could wash the shame off of me. Thank god I've been seeing an amazing chicky for over a year with no surprise skirt-cock. I'm pretty sure I'll be settling down with this one so it prevents me from any potential future surprise skirt-cocks that may have come my way. Just in case I didn't say it enough in this post: skirt-cock

because its human nature to feel a sense of unease or discomfort at being forcibly place in an unexpected situation like that. While I think "fear" is too strong a word to use in this particular example, its still something that a lot of people don't have a lot of experience with

Like anything else, you can't expect someone to behave any certain way in that situation cause everyone is different, especially if its the 1st time its happened to them.

If anything, I'd say for the most part his reaction was quite average for the average guy. Some particularly unbalanced individuals may have reacted negatively and aggressively towards the person in question

I agree with Jonny. But i know Viking's right. The problem is probably just that sexchange is not very openly discussed, for many reasons ofc, Just like homosexuals 'wern't'. I think maby talking more about it would break the ice sometime? Don't get me wrong here but because it's so 'foreign' to the averege person, the averege person even (unreligious) might take offence in these situations and that people do these practices. Again, don't get me wrong.

I would probably take offence in this situation myself, because i know human beigns feels threatned by things they can not understand, or things that are 'extreme' them. So you just you know... think it's wrong.

Pesonally i think this person deserves (he's)? balls, standing up for who he is.

I agree that just being freaked out is a pretty good response compared to what a lot of people will do (and probably have done)

I understand in a kinda detached way why something like this would bother someone, but it's quite a struggle. Maybe I'm just weird :lol:

Saw this today about Keith Caputo from Life Of Agony...I had no idea he was undergoing sex reassignment:

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/1084/22116/LIFE-OF-AGONY-To-Play-Final-Show-Following-Sex-Change-Of-Singer

:OMG: wasn't expecting that.

Update ... so with the fact I keep bumping into this person everywhere now I had another awkward moment in the restroom again. No, it wasn't skirt-cock again :)lol: I still laugh at that phrase since that post), but for lack of better words, I was dropping a duece and the person in the next stall was struggling quite a bit (I always try not to lol when that happens ... we've all been there, but when it isn't happening to you, it's pretty damn funny). I look down at my feet and sure enough, what do I see? Why it's a foot in the next stall over wearing a high-heel. So let it be known, the he/she/it still poops like a man. That's immature as hell and may not warrant disclosure to everyone, but everybody poops.

I'm actually surprised this has generated (for the most part) an intelligent conversation, so thanks for the entertainment folks