tape/clothing on neck?

I use tape and/or thumb method on the neck.. for the bridge and headstock i use a small bit of foam

Fretwraps looks cool but it sucks that you can only buy them in packs of 3, and it's 3 of the same size. If it was one small one medium one large I'd totally be buying some!

Ordered some Fretwraps after seeing Fred Brum and Ola using them.

fretwraps-ant.png

does it work well with rythm guitar or only solos and tapping?

+1 Gruvgear's Fretwrap

You can pretty much adjust how tight you want it to be without overly damping anything, been using it for months now. They last long. I'm using the small size still it could easily fit on my 5 string bass.

that FretWraps look nice but I need something like that for "behind the saddle" So you can play like normal but without the nasty string headstock noise when you play with a TOM bridge or any other bridge that doesnt have lockings instead of a saddle

People do this all the time? Holy crap, I've been killing myself for ages for having string spill on some of my recordings!

/digs out hair scrunchy

+1 Gruvgear's Fretwrap

You can pretty much adjust how tight you want it to be without overly damping anything, been using it for months now. They last long. I'm using the small size still it could easily fit on my 5 string bass.

do you play electric guitar? I am curious if it could be used live (for ex. for a bit cleaner complex tapping parts, while not cutting off the note tail on bends etc.)

The fretwraps are great. There's no cutting of tails with notes when you mute the open strings. Have a look at this video:

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually use grommets. :kickass: The rubber dampens the string vibration extremely well and you don't have a hair tie (or whatever) wrapping around the back of the neck. Costs less than a dollar at the local hardware store.

Grommets-1.jpg

53Crëw;10380526 said:
I actually use grommets. :kickass: The rubber dampens the string vibration extremely well and you don't have a hair tie (or whatever) wrapping around the back of the neck. Costs less than a dollar at the local hardware store.

Grommets-1.jpg

What does that do for string noise while playing?