Tech Death

Anata and Despised Icon are both great bands, but I wouldn't keyhole them into 'tech death' although they are definately technical....hmmm.

And yet another pops into the brain; Skeptic! Skeptic are pretty good.

www.algoblast.com
The absolute ressource regarding technical music.
I suggest bands like : Pavor ( awesome ),
Capharnaum,
Coprofago ( death mainly based on tempo, somewhat like Meshuggah but with jazzy interludes ),
Cephalectomy,
Daath ( not totally technical, but strange nonetheless ),
Korum,
Fuck The Facts ( not death, but an awesome technical grind band that'll blast your head, the singer's sick, especially since it's a girl... ),
Gory Blister,
Ion Dissonance ( math deathcore ),
Kralizec ( melodic death/black hybrid, totally awesome ),
Lethargy ( not totally death, but it had to be metioned ! ),
Theory in Practice ( why wasn't that mentioned ? They rule. )
And I second every other band that was named...

Going by this fav tech death bands, it seems hes more into the newer bands. Guess thats why no one mentioned the older ones - Atheist, Cynic, Cadaver, early Atrocity, Disharmonic Orchestra, Ripping Corpse, Demilich, etc etc

Hmm.. well Anata, Capharnaum, Yattering, Visceral Bleeding, Gorguts get a thumbs up from me too.

Where grind goes, like Nik said - Alienation Mental, Pigsty hell yeah! I'll also add Ahumado Granujo, Contrastic to cz list. But I'm not sure if you'll dig it though heh *shrugs*

Other than these, you must check out some might not be 100% tech death, but they arent those 1-riff bands either -

INIQUITY (I promise you'll like them!)
Anasarca (german tech death)
Damnable (polish brutal death)
Sceptic (polish tech death again)
Panzerchrist (superb!)
Harakiri
Defiled
Deranged
Fleshtized
Gorerotted
Gorgasm
Hate
Immolation
Incantation
Impaled (Mondo Medicale)
Monstrosity (Millenium)
Pessimist
Throneum
Vile
Vital Remains

Thats all I can think of rrright now.. sorry I cant elaborate more right now, goto russsh for work. If you have any questions do let me know, ill come back and post more about it then.

I can't wait for the new Necrophagist, Epitaph, to come out this August. Looking forward to the re-release of Onset Of Putrefaction also.

I've seen Decapitated and Sceptic mentioned, but no love for Dies Irae?

Also check out (not all exactly tech death, but worth looking into)-

Mithras
Demonicon
All Shall Perish
Necronomicon