What do you think of Death Metal ?

I have some amazing album by a band called Godgory, wonderful stuff tbh, lots of acoustic sections and interesting parts, yet it still maintains it's death-metalness.

Yeh I think Dan Swano helped produce their albums. They had some goods songs. Its sad they broke up.

^ I have "sea of dreams" which is fantastic. I would love to get a hold of anything else they have. (3 more records I believe) Swano engineered the first 2.

Is that the first album? I think I had that but sold it. The instrumental Sea of Dreams is absolute quality it re-appears on one of their later albums with better prodction...cant remember the name of it.

I really dont care for most death metal, at least the stuff that i understand is real death metal. I do like swedish melodic death metal but the whole florida movement and what they inspired is pretty bad imo.

Bands like Nile really bore me, maily because of the singer. But Im sure some people feel the same for black metal, which again I love.

Yeh I think Dan Swano helped produce their albums. They had some goods songs. Its sad they broke up.
Damn, I should have looked a little more into that! I didn't know they broke up. Also, I need their other albums because all I have is Sea Of Dreams.

(btw, the instrumental on the album reminds me a LOT of King Diamond's Insanity, lolololololol)

The albums I name are in my top 10 of all time :)

Behemoth(newer stuff)-Zos Kia Cultus
Bloodbath
Cryptopsy-None So Vile
Decapitated
Dying Fetus-Destroy The Opposition
Hate Eternal
Krisiun
Necrophagist-Epitaph
Nile-Annihilation Of The Wicked

Fantastic bands...

(in no particular order)
Carcass
Bolt Thrower
Hate Eternal
Obituary
Death
Suffocation
Cryptopsy - none so vile
Nile - annihilation
Entombed

ps. what's Gorguts' best album?

New Defeated Sanity is the fucking heaviest album I've heard in a loooong time.

(excluding chaosphere, but this is a different type of heaviness).

ITS FUCKING GREAT!

I am a fan of older death metal, mainly finnish and swedish death metal.