2012 Albums thread

You realize bands don't tend to do that right? You sound like the kind of guy who always rants about how X band hasn't put out anything good since 19XX

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm not telling that they didn't put out anything good Ghosts of Loss. I like Hope and others too. I just prefer and like their older style more. They are going more and more mainstream on each album. Oh, how mainstream can a doom-death metal band go, well...

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm not telling that they didn't put out anything good Ghosts of Loss. I like Hope and others too. I just prefer and like their older style more. They are going more and more mainstream on each album. Oh, how mainstream can a doom-death metal band go, well...

not sure what you're referring to by saying they went 'more mainstream'. they had some clean vocals on Hope which i guess they didn't have on earlier albums but i thought it was for the better - the cleans on that album were pretty neutral sounding, subtly used and not trying to take the spotlight or anything. the production and synth sounds were overall better sounding as well. if that's going mainstream, then fuck underground music :lol:

Djunn said:

I loved the latest one, I don't really see how they're going more mainstream, except for a couple tracks that are mainly clean vocals. These woods breathe evil, for example, is almost black metal madness. I like all their albums, but thanks to finally getting good production I think I probably enjoy New Moon the most. Can't wait for the new one, and Daylight Dies as well.

I do agree though, both StS and DD could be considered in some way "mainstream" Doom/Death, but I and many others prefer the term Melodic Doom/Death, sounds more fitting and less... Anti-metal :lol:

^ I thought you were referring to 7 Angels 7 Plagues for a second, I was like WHAT!?!?!

sopulurn and Dan, I still enjoy listening to StS and I love how their production quality goes better on each album. I meant to say with "mainstream", they keep having more and more cheesy riffs and vocal parts. I'm not against clean vocals, actually I love Mikko's cleans. Yeah, replace that "mainstream" with "generic".

It was just a wish than a rant actually.

Anyway, StS still rocks! :kickass: