What do you think of Death Metal ?

Vader
Carcass
ATG (+The Haunted)
is Trivium DM?
Opeth (some Death-ish touches)
meshuggah
Celtic Frost is amazing (the last one is reallly good!)

but all of them (beside Opeth, ATG and celtic frost) do take a certain mood, but i find myself in this mood quite a lot lately... some dark and killing will mood..

it is called death for a reason :) lol

I like it as long as it's progressive, melodic, gothic with a touch of industrial and some stoner/shoegazer influences.....

That seems to be a trend yes. Most modern bands seem to focus way too much on technicality rather than atmosphere. I find pretty much all modern tech death metal bands utterly unlistenable personally. Old school Swedish and Florida death metal is where it's at.

Total agreement. Technically impressive, but where's the song? Where's the riffs?

And I'm not sure why people are listening to Bloodbath when they could be listening to Dismember, Entombed or Grave.

And melodic Gothenburg-style nonsense is not death metal.

Stuff in the style of Brodequin is probably the most unrelentingly heavy death metal I've heard. Unless we descend into drum machine grindcore antics of bands like Fuck... I'm Dead. But that's grindcore. Good stuff.

Total agreement. Technically impressive, but where's the song? Where's the riffs?

And I'm not sure why people are listening to Bloodbath when they could be listening to Dismember, Entombed or Grave.

We listen to those bands also. I listen to a lot of early 90's swedish death metal bands. I only like older Dismember,Entombed,Grave so it's not like there is enough albums by them where I can just listen to those bands.