Technical Death Metal

Considering I (and others I know) have noticed it (that which elevates this band to a status of "this is worth listening to multiple times")

Dude, you listen to Heaven Shall Burn, your approval is basically a giant invitation to listen to anything BUT the bands you're recommending. What you're pimping is generic death metal with a veneer of stupid stunts.

The world doesn't need more mediocrity.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a relevant ad hominem. The argument here is "Sickening Horror is good because I like them." You and your tastes inherently underlie the argument, so an ad hominem is perfectly appropriate.

OK because I realize you are actually a very retarded child, let's go over this once more. If you happen to argue this, I'll be convinced you are a troll (or a very persistent idiot, but the two seem mutual plenty of the time):

Interesting concept (dark surrealist technical death metal with disturbing stream-of-thought lyric approach)

good incorporation of outside influences (fitting in of industrial samples such as in "The Perfect Disease" and "Dark One Surreality")

they don't extrapolate their songs at all; they keep them efficiently short and to-the-point, despite a quite disorienting way of structuring them

I sure am begging the question there, eh? :lol:

The lyric argument is a divisive one. I have always been happily ignorant of most lyrics, and felt them unimportant, but I have to say that my views have shifted toward viewing the lyrics as more integral to the whole experience. I feel that a band can improve its music with well thought out lyrics (whatever this means in a given case), and a fan can derive enjoyment out of music on more or deeper levels when the lyrics are included in the experience. That said I still rarely read or know lyrics, and I also think that knowing some lyrics can make some music less enjoyable.

Let me put it this way. Go read the lyrics to the chorale in Beethoven's 9th - that will put the importance of lyrics in a proper context (which is to say, they're not terribly relevant, the real concept is carried in the music itself).

So, let's see, we have your opinion that Sickening Horror:

A. have an 'interesting concept'

B. a 'good incorporation of outside influences'

and

C. 'don't extrapolate their songs' (whatever that means)

So tell me again how the fact that you pimp obvious trash in your sig has no bearing on how we are to interpret your rather vague pronouncements in favor of Sickening Horror?

I agree that the music itself is of primary importance (especially in most extreme metal cases where the lyrics are treated as an afterthought even by the artists themselves). That being said, I see no need to shit up this thread with another unending debate regarding this topic.

The word I suspect he's looking for is 'elaborate,' but I don't want to be too presumptive...

Yeah, I have used that word incorrectly before...shit word imo.

Anyway, whatever...the fact of the matter is I was ATTEMPTING to state why the band is successful at what they attempt to accomplish, you construing it as me "pimping" them is your point of view. Don't feel like it anymore; people will listen to them if they want to, and won't if they don't.

Technical Death metal is my thing right now, especially with bands like Necrophagist and Nile. They take the shear heaviness of death metal, and combine it with disgustingly technical riffs and heinous song structures. Like the musiciannship is ridiculous. It's awesome. Hey, you guys hear about Decapitated? Sucks donkey fuck eh?

I love The Faceless. Akeldama is such a fucking amazing debut album.
Their drummer is amazing too, he is creative and very fast.

Say...at 1:41 in "An Autopsy". <333

ive been listenin to a lot of anata, also some pavor really like some of the bass in it

Since it was closed & I never got a chance to vote, I'll put my 5fav DM guitarists. I didn't see another thread asking about DM guitarists...

1) Trey Azagthoth (Morbid Angel)
2) Muhammed Suicmez (Necrophagist)
3) Terrance Hobbs (Suffocation)
4) Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
5) Bill Steer (Carcass; Napalm Death)

I'm not too big on Death Metal. I reckon some folks wouldn't even consider Chuck or Bill DM guitarists come to think of it.

I like a bit of the stuff Paul Masvidal did, & I LOVE Atheist, but can they even be considered Death Metal...?