Technical Death Metal

Most of what you just listed I think ar emostly considered "Brutal" death instead of "technical". I like FGA,Dying Fetus, Suffocation, etc., but they aren't really the same as bands like Martyr, Gorod, etc.

Of course theyre technical. Theyre brutal technical death metal, but either way still a form of techdeath.

Anyone heard Brain Drill's 'Quantum Catastrophe' yet? They've rebuilt their lineup with Odious Mortem's bassist and Flesh Consumed's drummer. Crazy technical material - like, Origin-esque levels of widdly, fluid sweep picks. Just a shame that except for a couple of moments here and there, it's all just faceless blasting and widdling. Reviewed it for OneMetal earlier today - should still be on the front page if anyone's interested - just click the link in my sig.

I was going to mention this album, mindblowing musicianship. Reminds me alot of origin's style.

Same. I tried listening to The Parasites but it was just stupid.

It sounded chaotic. Not good chaotic, just convoluted, wanky and impenetrable. I just didn't feel it. Completely OTT and stupid, very hard to listen to. I found myself saying "oh dear" out loud when I was listening to it.

Necrophagist, on the other hand... :worship:

Same. I tried listening to The Parasites but it was just stupid.

It sounded chaotic. Not good chaotic, just convoluted, wanky and impenetrable. I just didn't feel it. Completely OTT and stupid, very hard to listen to. I found myself saying "oh dear" out loud when I was listening to it.

Necrophagist, on the other hand... :worship:

I have Brain Drill's Apocalyptic Feasting and never got into it, sounds chaotic in a bad way indeed.

Always see people bashing Necrophagist, but I still enjoy both albums, the guitar work is damn awesome :kickass:

lawl, laser sweeps ftw

i FUCKING love obscura to death, i've played cosmogenesis to kingdom come for over a year now, i shit so many bricks when i saw them...i was the only one with a obscura shirt and it looked like i was the only one who knew all the songs :/ oh well

I like Brain Drill just because of the over the top insanity.

x2! By no means are brain drill my fav band, but if im in the mood for something that is just insanity the new brain drill gets a lash. Its also good for when you have those mates over that hate metal.. fuck the look on there face is priceless.

x2! By no means are brain drill my fav band, but if im in the mood for something that is just insanity the new brain drill gets a lash. Its also good for when you have those mates over that hate metal.. fuck the look on there face is priceless.

I find that Oh My Fucking God by Strapping Young Lad has a similar effect :D

I also love Obscura mainly because of the guitarist. Christian Muenzner, I think his name is. He also appeared on the last Necrophagist album (a new one is overdue, don't you think?) and his solos on there were godly. His solo in Epitaph is one of my all time favourites, just perfection from beginning to end.

Fuck, if I could play guitar like that I'd have acheived all I'd ever set out to. I sooooo wish I was that good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find that Oh My Fucking God by Strapping Young Lad has a similar effect :D

I also love Obscura mainly because of the guitarist. Christian Muenzner, I think his name is. He also appeared on the last Necrophagist album (a new one is overdue, don't you think?) and his solos on there were godly. His solo in Epitaph is one of my all time favourites, just perfection from beginning to end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4jUGFAg2LA

Fuck, if I could play guitar like that I'd have acheived all I'd ever set out to. I sooooo wish I was that good.

Fuck i love necrophagist. The guitarist in my band showed them to me, the first time i heard it i can honestly say i was confused! I didnt realise that metal like that exsisted. I remember listening to epitaph for like a week straight with nothing else.