Technical Death Metal

Bumping this thread to just say how much I love love love Warp Zone by Martyr.

Is it better than Feeding the Abscess? That's the only album I've heard from them and it's one of my top 10 favorite tech death albums ever!

Is it better than Feeding the Abscess? That's the only album I've heard from them and it's one of my top 10 favorite tech death albums ever!

I think it flows a little better. It's not as brutal, so if you prefer brutality over flow you probably won't like it as much. Both are good though.

I think it flows a little better. It's not as brutal, so if you prefer brutality over flow you probably won't like it as much. Both are good though.

Went ahead and got it and it's fucking amazing! Maybe it's too premature to say it tops FtA after the first playthrough, but it's definitely just as good!

Upon re-listening to Feeding the Abcess, I think where Martyr went wrong on that album is it is too long without offering anything noticably different.

Anyone heard Brain Drill's 'Quantum Catastrophe' yet? They've rebuilt their lineup with Odious Mortem's bassist and Flesh Consumed's drummer. Crazy technical material - like, Origin-esque levels of widdly, fluid sweep picks. Just a shame that except for a couple of moments here and there, it's all just faceless blasting and widdling. Reviewed it for OneMetal earlier today - should still be on the front page if anyone's interested - just click the link in my sig.

Dying Fetus, Psycroptic, Origin, The Faceless, Trigger The Bloodshed, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Suffocation, Obscura, and Revocation are some of my favs.