Technical vs Progressive Metal

are you retarded? this thread literally started from the Megadeth conversation in the new guys thread. but again, you're having trouble following conversations. Get help dude.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/definitive-songs-of-sub-genres.1440087/#post-11809151

again, are you saying that the music on KIMB for example progressively builds up, goes different places and blurs the line between numerous different genres of music? :lol: dont use my definition incorrectly you mentally handicapped waste of sperm

I read that thread when only the OP had posted in it. I don't read every thread in this forum and Terasoph gave no indication of this thread being a derivative of that one.

Yes, songs like Last Rites, the title track, and Looking Down the Cross all avoid typical verse/chorus song structures. Your definition used the term "styles", not "genres", are you incapable of reading your own posts?

I read that thread when only the OP had posted in it. I don't read every thread in this forum and Terasoph gave no indication of this thread being a derivative of that one.

Yes, songs like Last Rites, the title track, and Looking Down the Cross all avoid typical verse/chorus song structures. Your definition used the term "styles", not "genres", are you incapable of reading your own posts?
Tera started this thread about less than a minute after my last post about progressive at 8:52 in that thread. Do you want him to confirm that thread is what led to this one being started?

WHAT DO YOU MEANZ? YOUS SAID STYLEZ NOT GENRES? Lmfao you're hopeless.

Tera started this thread about less than a minute after my last post about progressive at 8:52 in that thread. Do you want him to confirm that thread is what led to this one being started?

WHAT DO YOU MEANZ? YOUS SAID STYLEZ NOT GENRES? Lmfao you're hopeless.

Before this conversation goes any further, tell me the answer to this question:

Sally-Anne_test.jpg

You really think anyone would have trouble with that? :lol: oh wow dude, just wow

So then why is it so hard for you to understand that I didn't read that other thread, and that I wasn't a part of any conversation there?

That's why I asked, because it was so simple I thought he was trying to imply you had down syndrome or something.

Down's syndrome people don't struggle with it. Only autists do.

Simplest differentiation is that prog metal takes after prog rock bands stylistically, while tech metal is just metal with lots of difficult-to-play stuff.
This is not wrong per se. At least as a starting point to make a difference is kinda useful.

For prog metal - the one usually having power/heavy metal elements like early Queensrÿche, Fates Warning, Dream Theater, Symphony X, etc - it works, so it also works for Cynic, Pestilence's Spheres, MAYH-Watershed era Opeth, Ne Obliviscaris, Exivious, Leprous, Spastic Inc, Aghora and so many others. All these bands/albums have a comprehensive songwriting, modes/chord progressions/modulations and they mostly use logical progression of tonality with a sense (or a great use in many cases) of melody.

Technical death metal is basically plain death metal with complex performances and riffs, but not actual compositions, chord progressions and logical harmony/melody, aka Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Origin, Obscura, Necrophagist and so many others. Death metal is actually very atonal and that factor alone makes it a totally different thing from prog metal, which is isn't in most cases.