Teemu's memorial show

Henkka Blacksmith

New Metal Member
Jan 17, 2003
Espoo
www.cobhc.com
I'm disappointed how rumors can affect on people's opinions.

We have now got lot of shit about this memorial show thing, and i would like to tell the truth about all this bullshit!!

When we heard the news about Teemu's death, we were in USA. Immediately we were asked by Spinefarm people to play in Teemu's memorial show. With no doubt or hesitation we decided to join the concert of which profit would go to Teemu's funeral arrangements. We thought that that would be the least we could do. We were not told when this concert would take place.

Later on we heard that it is on tuesday 25th of March. We realised that it is in middle of our tour, and after Nivala show (22nd of March) our gear would go straight to Kouvola, where the buss would go. We would go on the road again on 25th evening or 26th morning. We realised that it is impossible to play on 25th.

After we had told this we got a call from a close friend of Teemu's who was really mad that we cancelled, because "of some other reasons he had heard from some other source", of which we didn't know about. That was sort of a downer.

When we started our tour on friday we asked our crew that isn't it possible to get at least some of the gear to Helsinki on the 25th. We were told that it would be possible ,most likely, but we would have to re-arrange the touring schedule a little. No problem, and we called to Spinefarm that we CAN get some of our gear to Nosturi on that very day, and that we don't have to leave on tuesday evening.

I don't really know what is this alcohol thing anyway that is involved in these speculations. I respect Teemu's mother's wish of keeping it sober happening, and since we have to leave early next day to northern Finland it wouldn't make sense anyway to get shitfaced.

Anyway

Rest In Peace , Teemu

Reactions: ouagadougou
Henkka, I understand everything you say..BUT, why would Henri lie? He said you left a TEXT message to them, didn't even call them or something...and I just can't understand how didn't you know when will this memorial concert be? Didn't they tell you when you asked to play? Things are blurry as you can see...

And since we heard it from Henri I don't think it is speculation...

I don't want to hurt anybody's feeling, but one of you guys just not saying the truth.

Wait a fucking minute all of you!!!!! This was not something that a fan made up! It was said by Henri Sorvali, member of Finntroll himself... so this is NOT speculation! A simple "mea culpa" is not enough here I think :rolleyes:

Zsuzsa just drop this debate now. It won't change anything and won't make anything better. Just let it be and wish for a fantastic memorial concert in Teemu's memory....

*cough* but he was there *cough* maybe he knows some things better than a fan *cough*

Scytheman: you're right. I won't flame anybody after this, everybody should look into themselves if what they have done was good or bad.

And after all the only thing matters is Teemu's concert and it'll kick some serious ass I'm sure! :headbang:

Again sorry If I offended anybody.

Maybe, but always ppl add some facts to the story and after the numberous of tolds it simply changes some little facts that can affect the whole story...

Anyway, lets leave it as it is. My last comment here

I dont really think this is our business somehow, In my opinion this is something that should be straightened out between the bands concerned.

But anyway, we discussed it because Henkka posted it to the FORUM...so at least don't blame us for talkin' about it :rolleyes: this is what a forum should be used for...

you tell 'em, henkka!!
headbob.gif

Zsuzsa: thatll teach ya not to jump to conclusions and get pissed about shit before asking the band when you know you can ask them on here since they post here
fork_off.gif
( i never thought id ever use that thing)

I've been reading the three 'Somnium' threads on this board for now, and I just wanted to say... this is getting completely out of proportion. I really dont understand that, in memory of someone who recently and tragically died, such childish rumours can be spread. Everyone who took part of it should take a moment to think about it and to realise what he/she is doing. Just shut up, and leave Somnium his REST IN PEACE.