Tell me about Bison B.C.

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Does anyone know of this Canadian band called Bison aka Bison B.C.? What do they sound like? I checked for some reviews online and have read that they're compared to bands like Mastodon a bit? Is that the case? Which of their albums would be a better starting point?

Any info would be appreciated.

P.S. I just found this link http://www.myspace.com/bisoneastvan but I'm at work so can't check it out at the moment.

It was a while ago, but I've heard 2 songs and liked both. If I remember right, it was a kick ass couple of songs. Kinda old school thrash but very today metal. If that makes sense. What I liked most was the lack of the high pitched screaming which I still can't stomach in some of today's metal.

They have 1 maybe 2 records out. I'd go for it. They sounded good to me. I'm guessing the B.C. stands for British Columbia.

So do these guys scream like Devin Townsend in SYL or growl like earlier Isis and Neurosis? Just trying to get an idea. I'm at work so I can't check out their myspace.

Cheers!

I just received a copy of Quiet Earth -- I've been spinning it. Very good stuff indeed. I'd imagined them kinda slower though. This is not the case here. There's plenty of groovy passages laced with melodic guitar themes. I like the low, deeper vocal style better than his 'normal' singing. The production is also surprisingly good. The Mastodon comparisons are certainly not unfounded...