tenhi

Equiron

Morningrise
Jun 3, 2001
Istanbul/Turkey
Visit site
yesterday i listened one of their songs nammed Laulum Sinulle
and it becomes one of my favourite songs.
i don't know anything about this band and i can't find their albums.
so can you please give me some info about them

www.prophecy.cd --> Tenhi's German label Prophecy Productions, they've got an online shop where you can order their stuff - a band biography should also be there :)
They released two MCDs ('Hallavedet' & 'airut:ciwi') and one album ('Kauan') until now.
Hope it helps...

I don't know anything about Tenhi, but as the song names seem to be in finnish, I believe the actual title is "Lauluni Sinulle", which means "My Songs to You".

How are they? Should I check them out? I have heard them mentioned a couple times, but they are not very popular (well, Opeth is not very popular either, so that really doesn't mean anything).

-Villain

Yeah they're from Finland. I only listened to their first mcd 'Hallavedet' ('98) once and it wasn't really my cup of tea, still they might have changed their style, oh well...
Anyway, that's Tenhi's band info on the Prophecy site:

"Tenhi specializes in somber folk rock and stark, minimalist art music, with an arresting sense of the darkly pastoral. The compositions are structurally simplistic, but rich in bleak atmosphere, haunting melody lines and expert instrumentation. [...] bathed in twilight, powerfully evoking an image of deep coniferous forests, bathed in dark grays and blues, enshrouded in an impenetrable fog.
The vocals are very slight and unobtrusive, sung in Finnish and concerned primarily with the primacy of nature and old Finnish folklore."

I think I'll give 'em a second chance :D

"Lauluni sinulle" is featured on the album "Kauan" as "Wavourneen's song", as even though the vocal approach is Finnish the band was kind enough to provide non-Finnish speaking people with translations. Anyone who enjoys Ulver's "Kveldssanger" should be fond of Tenhi's "Kauan", even though "Airut: ciwi" sees their style developing into less band-oriented music and further into a brooding atmosphere that is truly impressive, regardless of the change.

And Villain, yes; you should check them out. Eikä vain sen takia, että hekin ovat Suomesta...

I have listened to "Kauan" so many times, what a fantastic album. They are my favorite finnish band by far. Are they working on their next album now or what?

I am for sure going to get "Utopia A.D." even if I am going to have to postpone it, due to the fact that I have to pay my part of the rent for my band's rehearsal place. The Black League surely are in a league that but few names are worthy of. I think that no other group deserves any mention in the same sentence with Fields of the Nephilim, as long as we are dwelling within the "atmospheric rock" context. Jarwa rules, that is for sure!

Yes, I like this band a lot. I downloaded Kauan and really liked it. It's a really soothing album. I really like the last song with the piano solo. Anyway, you guys said everything that is relevant to them. Definitely check them out if you haven't heard them before.