Terrible Album Art

Internally Deformed

Farseer of the Paranormal Abysm
Jul 14, 2016
Where The Slime Live
I'll get us kicked off:

latest

Yeah it's retarded but I think an early version got used as the final image by mistake.

There are kind of two kinds of bad here, bad attempts at a particular style and styles people find to be awful. I would imagine a lot of people would find the particular style that what we mostly call good metal album art to be bad. I'm not even sure I'd particularly strongly disagree.

Anyway

1000x1000.jpg

I've always thought this was shit. Especially for a huge band's last proper album. It looks like something an amateur metal band would do for their first demo or something.

Reactions: CiG and Dak
Yeah it's retarded but I think an early version got used as the final image by mistake.

I just looked into it:

"The computer-generated cover art was provided by David Patchett,[10] who allegedly asked for his name to be removed from the album's credits after the band decided to use an unfinished version,[11] which was received negatively."

So it is Iron Maiden's fault, lol. I bet it was Bruce's idea.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd

There are kind of two kinds of bad here, bad attempts at a particular style and styles people find to be awful. I would imagine a lot of people would find the particular style that what we mostly call good metal album art to be bad. I'm not even sure I'd particularly strongly disagree.

Anyway

1000x1000.jpg

I've always thought this was shit. Especially for a huge band's last proper album. It looks like something an amateur metal band would do for their first demo or something.

I think that Thin Lizzy album cover is awesome.

Reactions: Master_Yoda77