Tesseract - Polaris

Going to buy it at some point this weekend, I must say I am a Dan Thompson fan. Didn't care for the 2nd album much.

Been listening to it at work and I like it a lot so far. I will say that for some reason I rarely go and listen to Tesseract when I feel like listening to music though. I feel like they are the kind of band where you need to listen to the album beginning to end.

They have moments where they sound like a heavy R. Kelly hopping up and down in loose fitting white shirts on a mountain top, but I like most of this record after jamming it constantly for the past week. Second song and third song are my favorites.

I think Tesseract are one of those bands who had the potential to be the biggest act in their genre but lost all of their momentum along the way.

My biggest gripe with their music is the lack of variety on their records, or even the lack of variety between each of their records. Those guys are super talented, but I always felt they peaked on the original demos when Abi was still singing. Also while i'm on the topic, I will give the massively unpopular opinion that Abi was the best singer they have ever had. He might not have been as good a singer from a technical standpoint but his voice always had that something special to me.

Absolutely agree. The first album was a huge disappointment for me, specially since I was in love with most of the demos.

Happened the same thing to me with Vildhjarta: loved the demos, hated the full-length release.