Testament almost became Dog Faced Gods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
A recent interview in the rather mediocre Metal-Rules.com with the drum God Gene Hoglan, said that Testament was going to change their name during the Demonic album to Dog Faced Gods, and decided not to at the last moment. Is this really true?

speed said:
A recent interview in the rather mediocre Metal-Rules.com with the drum God Gene Hoglan, said that Testament was going to change their name during the Demonic album to Dog Faced Gods, and decided not to at the last moment. Is this really true?

True or not , I did read that thing too....about two or three years ago.......somewhere on the internet...

Jason Washburn said:
True or not , I did read that thing too....about two or three years ago.......somewhere on the internet...

Actually the band did change their name to DFG, but it was while Chris Kontos was in the band. I think they may have played 2 gigs as DFG as well, but I'm not 100% sure on this. Walter will have more info on this.......

pest666 said:
Actually the band did change their name to DFG, but it was while Chris Kontos was in the band. I think they may have played 2 gigs as DFG as well, but I'm not 100% sure on this. Walter will have more info on this.......

As I remember, they were talking about changing their name. But never officially did, & never played any shows under that name. That's what I remember. During this time, Chuck & Eric talked it over, and they decided that it was still Testament. But I'll check to be sure....................

If I'm not mistaken, I think in the Signs of Chaos booklet, it stated that Testament briefly broke up. During that time they suggested continuing under the name Dog Faced Gods.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Deadly Embrace said:
As I remember, they were talking about changing their name. But never officially did, & never played any shows under that name. That's what I remember. During this time, Chuck & Eric talked it over, and they decided that it was still Testament. But I'll check to be sure....................

Well I checked with Chuck, & the above is verified, & correct.

They did split up for a few seconds, before Demonic was out, due to legal problems with their name or something. So then some of the members at the time (probably including Chuck and Eric) started a "new" band called Dog Faced Gods. Then the legal problems got sorted and all was well. They will live happily ever after.

Mattias of the Night said:
So then some of the members at the time (probably including Chuck and Eric) started a "new" band called Dog Faced Gods.

They never officially started a new band. According to Chuck.

Puhleeze, I think I would know just a LITTLE more about Testament's history than Chuck does.

Testament never recieved any money, for DFG, from any label.
Testament never played live at any shows(concerts) under DFG.
Testament never released any Mechandise under DFG.
Testament never copy righted(DFG) the name,(like they have with Testament).
There was never a group photo of DFG.
Testament always remained Testament, and then released Demonic under Testament, not DFG.

Dog Faced Gods never existed but in your own mind....it was a thought, & discussed, but never happened. I don't know about you, but DFG, does'nt sound like much of a band, at least on planet Earth.................... :zombie:

Deadly Embrace said:
Testament never recieved any money, for DFG, from any label.
Testament never played live at any shows(concerts) under DFG.
Testament never released any Mechandise under DFG.
Testament never copy righted(DFG) the name,(like they have with Testament).
There was never a group photo of DFG.
Testament always remained Testament, and then released Demonic under Testament, not DFG.

Dog Faced Gods never existed but in your own mind....it was a thought, & discussed, but never happened. I don't know about you, but DFG, does'nt sound like much of a band, at least on planet Earth.................... :zombie:

No this must have been a typo.

Puhleeze, I think I would know just a LITTLE more about Testament's history than Chuck does.

Now Eric Peterson's reply on 3-4-03:
Testament never changed its name, we talked about it with Chuck & Contos, but never did. As a matter of fact the record label was against any name change, so we never did. DFG was one name that got thrown around. Contos made up another, called ICU(Intense Crushing Unit). But never did we officially or unofficially change Testament's name. When Greg left the band, we thought about it, and made the decision not to. Because the music was still going to Testament stlye music, & just because Greg left, that was not going to change the music, or the band.

Now what do you Bozo's have to say now, Chuck & Eric are Testament, & thats what they had to say. Get the point, & Eric does'nt smoke weed. Or maybe Mattias, knows more than they do, at least about jerking off.......................... :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.