Testament News Update 10/12/04!

PRESS RELEASE: for immediate release

October 12, 2004 San Francisco, CA

Eric Peterson has been given the green light to drive again by his doctor following his long recovery from a triple-fracture leg surgery. On tour in June, he fell down a flight of stairs resulting in the fracture that put him in the hospital in Vienna for 12 days. He spent the rest of the summer and part of the fall recuperating and in physical therapy.

Now that he is mobile, he can drive the hour + to the Testament recording studio, Driftwood Studios, and get back to working on the recording. He is in the studio 2 to 3 days a week with Chuck Billy and Paul Bostaph jamming on the songs as Chuck continues to work up more melody and lyric ideas.

In preparation for their follow up CD to the #1 Chart topper, "THE GATHERING", Eric and Chuck upgraded their hide-away studio, to include a state-of-the-art Digi-Design Pro Tools HD hard disk recording system. Chuck is quoted as saying, "We wanted to [and did] get all the bells and whistles plug-ins and hardware necessary to deliver a killer album." No doubt it will be deafening - as usual.

Currently, long-time friend, and acclaimed recording engineer and ProTools pro, Vinnie Wojno, is helping Testament test drive their newly installed system. Last week they added a newly constructed raised platform for the drum kit to better anchor a biting edge on the drum tones. Wojno set up the drum mic-ing for Lombardo on "The Gathering" and likes the new upgraded set up.

Recording Legend has it that in order to get drum ideas out of Eric Peterson's head and onto the tracks, Dave Lombardo had to duct tape his sticks into his hands for one of the more blistering outings on "The Gathering". Paul Bostaph, a metal drum legend in his own right, endorsed by Tama, steps "Into The Pit" for this new record and brings his own formidable double-kick talents to the mix.

Thank you so much for the heads up on how everthing is great to see everthing going agian. That would be sweet if it was out by January or Feb of next year.
thanks agian

good to hear and fuck postaph, I'd love to see him keep time live, just once. He makes Jimmy deGrasso sound like neal peart. ok thats to far, but I love bashing postaph cause I think he sucks and every one on the board here wants to have his children.

MetalHeadMarc said:
good to hear and fuck postaph, I'd love to see him keep time live, just once. He makes Jimmy deGrasso sound like neal peart. ok thats to far, but I love bashing postaph cause I think he sucks and every one on the board here wants to have his children.
i've seen him keepin' time live twice - that makes 100% for me:Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

anyway - "p" is nowhere near "b" on a ke:ill: yboard - BEHAVE

Is not DiGiorgio playing bass any more ? There no mention for his name in new plan for Testament album. Shame there is .
I following Mr. DiGiorgio since all of Sadus all of Dark Hall and all of music that know I from that .I seeing Testament in Milano e Gods of metal .They so great live band with such bassito on stage .Please to someone in Testament band to answer my .Is Steve still play bass for there ?
Sorry my english.
Ciao ,Iylvana

Iylvana said:
Is not DiGiorgio playing bass any more ? There no mention for his name in new plan for Testament album. Shame there is .
I following Mr. DiGiorgio since all of Sadus all of Dark Hall and all of music that know I from that .I seeing Testament in Milano e Gods of metal .They so great live band with such bassito on stage .Please to someone in Testament band to answer my .Is Steve still play bass for there ?
Sorry my english.
Ciao ,Iylvana

Yes, Steve DiGiorgio is still playing bass.

coolsnow7 said:
THAT'S RIGHT! If he wasn't playing bass anymore, I would have refused to buy the album.

I'd buy it anyway.. Come on its Testa-fuckin'-menT!! Not only mighty ;) Steve is playing there!!!
Steve is the greatest but, what about Chuck, Eric? Metal Mike (hope to see him live... I never had chanse before) is also good (read opinions of others.. everyone says that he's great!)... And Bostaph... needless to say that he's also great musician, which fits in the whole band...
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
:worship: - To all band!

So great to hear the good news. Now we'll be waiting for some song titles/album title/cover/samples and the album itself, I guess :D. I don't know why but I can't get rid of the feeling that the new album will be their best so far. :Spin:
Hopefully misfortune stays away from them from now on and the next record comes out very early next year to kick our asses. Hail TestAmenT :worship: