Testament Record Sales

Dark Roots is 60k, not 65. Low's probably a bit more than that, whereas The Gathering a little less. I don't suppose Formation has reached 120k already. If the Practice old numbers were correct, it must be way over 500k now. The Ritual might just not be there yet. Souls is prbably bigger than you wrote. Just my assumptions.

Cool to see the Overkill numbers. So I'm guessing your Sounscan guy didn't get back to you with Souls of Black yet, has he? Hopefully, something will come up one day.

Dark Roots is 60k, not 65. Low's probably a bit more than that, whereas The Gathering a little less. I don't suppose Formation has reached 120k already. If the Practice old numbers were correct, it must be way over 500k now. The Ritual might just not be there yet. Souls is prbably bigger than you wrote. Just my assumptions.

Cool to see the Overkill numbers. So I'm guessing your Sounscan guy didn't get back to you with Souls of Black yet, has he? Hopefully, something will come up one day.

Actually now that I think about PWYP could possibly be over 600,000. And no he hasn't gotten back to me. I'll ask again

Hey you know that Vakseen and Indie album thing? Would it have sales numbers for like The Formation of Damnation or Ironbound?

Sure. I'm guessing they are taking the info directly from SoundScan, but perhaps they only receive a list of the best selling few hundred albums in each category (as in they're not the ones that prepare the final list). In such a case you'd have to look through the older (archive) lists they posted - up until when the albums were still selling over 300 - 450 copies (they sometimes post longer and sometimes shorter lists). I just don't know how to search particular bands on their site.

I don't know how to search through them, though. Have you tried to write them? I'm sure if they have full access to SoundScan they could look up these albums (and maybe some older ones) for you.

Sure. I'm guessing they are taking the info directly from SoundScan, but perhaps they only receive a list of the best selling few hundred albums in each category (as in they're not the ones that prepare the final list). In such a case you'd have to look through the older (archive) lists they posted - up until when the albums were still selling over 300 - 450 copies (they sometimes post longer and sometimes shorter lists). I just don't know how to search particular bands on their site.

I don't know how to search through them, though. Have you tried to write them? I'm sure if they have full access to SoundScan they could look up these albums (and maybe some older ones) for you.

I've tried going back farther but it only goes to June of last year. Also yeah I'll have to find out how to write em

Also apperantly when they count album sales they leave out digital downloads ie iTunes and Amazon. So that means The Electric Age probably topped 75,000 by now and Dark Roots of Earth probably 120,000. I never knew that

That's interesting. You may be right - they have a separate sheet called "digital albums". I've no clue whether e.g. "indie albums" is a result of them being added to the physical ones or not.

That's interesting. You may be right - they have a separate sheet called "digital albums". I've no clue whether e.g. "indie albums" is a result of them being added to the physical ones or not.

Yeah. Also I read that a band makes $1 for every album sold, that means Testament made $60,000 off DROE and /5 is only $12,000 a member dam! No wonder them and Overkill tour so much, they hardly make any money off their newer albums. Also I hear that both of them are gunna do a tour with Megadeth AND Anthrax\,,/

Are you sure that's a tour? They were supposed to play one show in San Bernardino with Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Anthrax and Sabaton. But only Megadeth and IM are on tour. The remaining 4 bands are on this one gig only.

Yeah, check it here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152686733835332&set=a.432338250331.367381.23598655331&type=1&relevant_count=1

When this was announced on BBM it was clearly stated that:

Before they finally head south towards Brazil, MAIDEN will also headline a very special event at the San Manuel Amphitheater, San Bernardino, California. The Battle Of San Bernardino will take place on Friday, September 13. ANTHRAX, TESTAMENT, OVERKILL and SABATON will join tour special guests MEGADETH for this performance only, making for a big, loud and exciting day out for metal fans in Southern California.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188454

Still, looks like a kickass show is in store for those who will attend.