TestAment>>>The Ritual

It's not my favorite TestAmenT album, but not a bad one. The Gathering is my favorite album from them. So what were the other 3 albums you needed for your collection?

The Ritual isn't one of my favourites, it's pretty average overall. Sort of boring. It has some great songs though like Electric Crown, Return To Serenity and the title track.

I've got all Testament albums (except for The New Order, but I know how damn good that one is).
Fucking great band.
You have got to get Live At The Fillmore :headbang:

I have The New Order(which is better than The Ritual), I need The Legacy, Practice What you Preach ,,,,well, I cant think of the other so here are the ones I have:
The Gathering****
Demonic*****
Low****
The Ritual**
The New Order****

Live at the Fillmore you say? What is on it? Teh store were I shop has the 3 i dont have reserved for me. So you say I should have him order just that one live cd, or all of them?

ledmag, My favorite TESTAMENT is Practice What You Preach. They're all good but I think the label was trying to push TESTAMENT in a more commercial vein with The Ritual (i.e. Return To Serenity, the chorus in Deadline). I love Electric Crown, As The Seasons Grey, Agony, and Troubled Dreams. So Many Lies and Let Go Of My World are good, but I like A faster tempo. Anyway, Live at the Fillmore was taken from the "Low" Tour and features old and newer stuff. Songs that come to mind are Burnt Offerings, Dog Faced Gods, Hail Mary, Into The Pit, The New Order, Practice What You Preach, The Preacher, and "acoustic" versions of Trail of Tears, The Legacy, and Return To Serenity. By the way, I went to M.F. Hooligans (formerly Phone 3) last weekend with a friend and former bandmate and saw Lennon, SevenFold, and South 75. Quick summary: Cover $5 (use to be $3 no matter how many bands played. South 75-Decent Hard Rock, reminded me of Brother Cane, AC/DC, they did a cool cover of Motley Crue's "10 seconds to Love". SevenFold-Reminded me of Nu-Metal like "Seven"dust and a Heavier Incubus, not my style but aggressive live. Lennon-Hot Girl Lead Singer/Songwriter named Lennon who sounded like Tori Amos and Meredith Brooks, but the Band was Heavy. At times reminding me of Pantera or heavier Marilyn Manson. I know the bass player from Lennon and he was in a band called Crone which was like Meshuggah and Death. I was surprised to see him playing with Lennon. Ryan (the bass player) said they opened for Alice Cooper on about 3 date near Las Vegas. In closing, saw A girl from high school I hadn't seen in about 10 years and she used to be "preppy" but now she's wild and said she use to Strip at Solid Platinum in Lexington. Hung out with her and her friend most of the night. Got pretty Drunk. Take Care and use your turn signals.

ZANEX "I AM THE DOG" :heh: :headbang:

Hey dude,
7Fold played at my last festival. They are Nu metal, but dude, that lead guitar palyer needs to get away from those guys, he is awsome. We jammed on a one on one basis, he knows his shit. He has like 40 pedals too. I have been hearing some things on Lennon from Ron(of whom i saw FRi and today*sun the 14*)

I picked up TestAments "best of". It has 2 unreleased songs, one of which was written by Joe and Steve of Aurosmith. I havent listened to it yet, Ill post about it tomorrow or something.

Ron said they have sold about 50(if not more) copies of DHIADW this yr, and around 20 to 30 copies of the others. He says Sanctuary has sold around 15 copies each. Not bad dude, not bad.

The Ritual gets alot of slack, but imo it fuckin rules.

You really can't go wrong with any Testament release.

My favorite Testament disc has got to be Practice what you Preach with The Gathering comes in a close second.

Originally posted by ledmag
Live at the Fillmore you say? What is on it? Teh store were I shop has the 3 i dont have reserved for me. So you say I should have him order just that one live cd, or all of them?

That's what I'm saying. It would easily be in my top 3 live albums.

It was recorded during the tour in support of Low and has heaps of songs from the first 2 records, and the Title Tracks from Souls Of Black and Practice What You Preach. 4 from Low too.
The band line up at the time was
Chuck Billy
Eric Peterson
James Murphy
Greg Christinson (sp)
Jon Dette.

It also contains studio accoustic versions of Trail Of Tears, Return To Serenity and The Legacy.

There are only really 2 'classic' Testament songs that are not on it.
Over The Wall and Disiples Of The Watch. YOu can find live versions of both of these on the Ep, Return To Apocalyptic City. (it's only 6 tracks long, but also well worth it if you can find it)

The Ritual was the first one I heard by them, so of course I'll think it rocks! Title track is my favorite.

awesome...
good car music

wayne has sold 18copies in germany hahahaha

The two unreleased songs on the Testament "Best Of" are covers of Aerosmith's "Draw The Line" and The Scorpions "Sails of Charon." Testament also covered Aerosmith's "Nobody's Fault" on THE NEW ORDER. In my Opinion, Aerosmith needs to start doing drugs again because this is when they made there best music. Early Aerosmith Kicks Ass, but this new shit since "Pump"really sucks. Its hard to believe Aerosmith wrote great songs like "Round and Round," "Nobody's Fault," "Back In The Saddle," "Lick and A Promise," "Let The Music Do The Talking, " "Rats In The Cellar" etc...But anyway, I've seen the Mighty TESTAMENT twice on the Low and Gathering tours. Can't wait to get the new TESTAMENT "FIRST STRIKE STILL DEADLY" with Alex Skolnick and John Tempesta.

Cheers

KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE, BUT YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER

Well, Im getting That live one. And since i have listened to "The Best Of", I am getting tha 3 i dont have soon. This an all around kick ass Band, from start to finish.

And I second that on Arosmith

The Ritual is by far the worst Testament album. I bought it when it came out and tried to get into it. I kept listening to it hoping it would grow on me, but it kept getting worse. I sold it a few years ago. There aren't any good or memorable songs on the disc, avoid it at all costs (unless you like pop-metal, that is). My $.02

I can see were some would call The Ritual TESTAMENT'S weakest, or most commercial album. But I still enjoy Electric Crown, As The Seasons Grey, Agony, Let Go Of My World, and Troubled Dreams. Hey ledmag, did you go to Court Day in Mount Sterling? I didn't, its just people trying to push junk on other people and make a quick dollar. I went once when I was in High School, but some friends and I mainly rode around Mt. Sterling drinking beer and tripping on acid. It's a wonder we didn't go to jail because we were loud, obnoxius, and yelled "Is this Court Day?" out the car window. Anyway, are you going to Rupp Arena this Sunday to see Disturbed,Drowning Pool, Adema, Stereomud, and Systematic. Systematic is the only band worth seeing in my opinion because all the rest are "nu-metal" crap and sound the same. I may go if a friend buys my ticket and go for the hell of it. It's not like there's anything else to do.

Cheers

Nah, I didnt go to CD this year or last. My wife went and she said it was the worst one she had been to.

I dont think im going to Rupp this weekend either. I just started a house last week, and i want to work on it and try to be able to be inside working when the real cold gets here.

I like some of teh songs on The Ritual, but over all, ,,,,it is the weakest one IMHO that i have. Im not gonna sell it or anything, but......Testament is now one of my fav bands.