Should Testament rerecord The Ritual?

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
The rate the albums thread got this idea into my head. I think Testament could rerecord The Ritual and make a killer album. All the album needs is to replace the horrible and unimaginmative drumming, add different vocals, and maybe throw in a little more testament buzzsaw riffing. The leads and bass lines on the Ritual are some of the best Testament ever did, so in the spirit of First Strike - does anyone else think this could be a good idea?

I really think they should re-record it once they've done
a new studio album and toured and there's such thing
as "Spare Time"....I listened to it on Monday night and
every time I listen to it I realize how they were onto something.
The writing was really good. They could speed it up, add
more raging riffing and it would be awesome. I'd consider
it a good rough mix. But I know it doesn't properly display
the sheer raw heaviness I personally would identify
Testament with. And if they don't, I still dig it.

Just my opinion.

-OfficerNice.

Why not ask Ozzy to re-record Bark At The Moon, replace Jake with Zack, the original could be the scratch tracks, it could be so much better, & heavier, with modern Technology, the production could be fuller........Why Not.........Why Not.......Why Not.....Why not re-record Led Zeppelin last album, In through The outdoor.....................Why Not.....Why Not.......re-record Slayer's first albums & put more Production in it, & a better chunchier guitar sound..............Why Not ....Wny Not re-record Kill'em All, with Dave replacing Kirk, better production, Etc...........the possiblities are endless, but the artists have got to want to re-do their old material, & most think this would be a step backwards, its already been done, lets move on, to something new & fresh. Plus it would be like disrespectfull to the artist your replacing(Alex Skolnick), to take his licks & change them, & arrange them differently.......An album is like a still photo, of that time & period.....a piece of art..........no one's changeing the Mona Lisa's
breast size(enlarged), just because she would look better in today's standards, & appeal to more people............It's Art, to preserve, not change for personal gradification..................or a whim.

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
Why not ask Ozzy to re-record Bark At The Moon, replace Jake with Zack, the original could be the scratch tracks, it could be so much better, & heavier, with modern Technology, the production could be fuller........Why Not.........Why Not.......Why Not.....Why not re-record Led Zeppelin last album, In through The outdoor.....................Why Not.....Why Not.......re-record Slayer's first albums & put more Production in it, & a better chunchier guitar sound..............Why Not ....Wny Not re-record Kill'em All, with Dave replacing Kirk, better production, Etc...........the possiblities are endless, but the artists have got to want to re-do their old material, & most think this would be a step backwards, its already been done, lets move on, to something new & fresh. Plus it would be like disrespectfull to the artist your replacing(Alex Skolnick), to take his licks & change them, & arrange them differently.......An album is like a still photo, of that time & period.....a piece of art..........no one's changeing the Mona Lisa's
breast size(enlarged), just because she would look better in today's standards, & appeal to more people............It's Art, to preserve, not change for personal gradification..................or a whim.

Can't argue with that I spose. It's a good argument.

-OfficerNice.

People who love music & take it seriously, always want what they see is best, & sometimes their right............but leading a band into that direction, is sometimes like trying to change the wheather...................

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
People who love music & take it seriously, always want what they see is best, & sometimes their right............but leading a band into that direction, is sometimes like trying to change the wheather...................

Speaking for me myself and I, none taken.

You made a strong valid point.

-OfficerNice.

I couldnt agree more Deadly Embrace when you said: It's Art, to preserve, not change for personal gradification..................or a whim.

I suppose I got the idea because of the First Strike Still Deadly Rerecording.

I totally agree with Deadly Embrace! I think they shouldn't have even done First Strike Still Deadly, though it's still OK. But I prefer the original versions way more!

Thats right, thats why it's called an "album", like a photo album, a snapshot of where they were at that time, what the times were like in that era. The thrash scene was a different place then it is now, more about attitude and thrashing about, as today is more about bone crunching production and being as bludgeoningly heavy as possible.

Leave it be. That's where they were, this is where they are.