Testament

MtRHeAD

New Metal Member
May 30, 2004
Here
One of my favorite bands, what do you think of them? I just about shat myself when I heard D.N.R. and Down for Life for the very first time, as I thought metal at that time was non existant and couldn't get any heavier without keeping the complicated riffs and etc

Ive always loved Testament. They were the first thrash band to use classical and jazz within the context of their music. Of course they have put out some very below average albums in Souls of Black and the Ritual. And the Legacy and the New Order, were pretty raw, yet bounding with speed and energy. And The Gathering is just one heavy piece of brilliance- despite the fact it is not too innovative.

I could be mistaken Nick2001, but I dont remember any other thrash bands using actual jazz or classical passages ( always playd by Skolnick) Megadeth had the piano open the first song off the kimb record.

Damn good band, indeed. The Gathering and First Strike Still Deadly are among my favorite records. Chuck Billy grew in versatility and is now as good as a trash singer can get. I really liked Skolnick and Murphy (haven't heard the last dude), and I hope they'll get another great lead guitarist.

Yeah I think i am mistaken Nick, I was listening to DiamondHead, and they had a interesting classical intro. Sorry everyone.