TEXAS MADFEST ANNOUNCEMENT

oh right...how stupid of me lol
dammit. every time i think of El Paso i gotta start singing that Marty Robbins song..'out in the west texas town of el paso, i fell in love with a mexican girl'
thanks man....
lol

Tammy or John....do you have a target date fwhen the Madfest forum will be available?
Hopefully this week.

Do you think we'll know the roster by July 5th at least???

Hope to start announcing bands next week on the TEXAS MADFEST forum

I'm sorta-kinda in the know with Stride's current battle plans, but even that is still nothing I'd trust nor believe. The only thing I'll be concerned about, Gary, is what you guys officially announce. Shit happens, and it can happen day by day.

I don't know your band dynamics, nor what you guys each personally have as goals for yourselves, nor what your families and friends say or influence you to do, NOR DO I CARE! My only care, is that if you guys stay together for 20 years, or split up next week, that you guys did it cuz you really wanted to. Not cuz emotions got burned up during an argument, or egos clash and someone wants a power struggle or someone is getting tired of the road or any of that inconsequential shit. It's not easy being in a band. I know first hand. And I understand and accept when bands part ways with members, or fold completely due to the industry's volatile nature. Example... remember Doug Pinnick's confessional email a couple months ago? How terribly it sat on his conscience?

Just remember, you guys create BRILLIANT music. You guys are hella fun on stage, and I STILL remember seeing you guys on a teensy weensy stage the night before Prog Power 3 and how much impact you left on that crowd.

As long as youz guyz do the RIGHT thing, not the EMOTIONAL thing, then I'd completely respect what you guys do. Forget the rumor mill, forget the drama, forget the internet buzz.

Just remember how much you guys love music, and how the crowd reacts when you hit that stage. When you're old and gray and your grandkids wanna hear the stories, that's the memories you'll enjoy the most.

I guess the best thing to do is to announce at least two of the bands as everyone is eager to see what we have in store, so tomorrow Friday Feb 2nd I will announce two of the bands for TEXAS MADFEST so stay tuned.

I'm sorta-kinda in the know with Stride's current battle plans, but even that is still nothing I'd trust nor believe. The only thing I'll be concerned about, Gary, is what you guys officially announce. Shit happens, and it can happen day by day.

I don't know your band dynamics, nor what you guys each personally have as goals for yourselves, nor what your families and friends say or influence you to do, NOR DO I CARE! My only care, is that if you guys stay together for 20 years, or split up next week, that you guys did it cuz you really wanted to. Not cuz emotions got burned up during an argument, or egos clash and someone wants a power struggle or someone is getting tired of the road or any of that inconsequential shit. It's not easy being in a band. I know first hand. And I understand and accept when bands part ways with members, or fold completely due to the industry's volatile nature. Example... remember Doug Pinnick's confessional email a couple months ago? How terribly it sat on his conscience?

Just remember, you guys create BRILLIANT music. You guys are hella fun on stage, and I STILL remember seeing you guys on a teensy weensy stage the night before Prog Power 3 and how much impact you left on that crowd.

As long as youz guyz do the RIGHT thing, not the EMOTIONAL thing, then I'd completely respect what you guys do. Forget the rumor mill, forget the drama, forget the internet buzz.

Just remember how much you guys love music, and how the crowd reacts when you hit that stage. When you're old and gray and your grandkids wanna hear the stories, that's the memories you'll enjoy the most.

Wow! your in the know? With whom?

I'm not quite sure how to respond to this message, as it's pretty vague, and I feel I'm being talked down to by a psychiatrist, but thanks for the free advice.

If it makes you feel any better, I can assure you that all of the members of Stride (including me) are quite aware of the psychological issues involved with the music industry as we've been in it for 20 plus years. Were also aware of the way people feel about us, and it means alot. I can tell you that everything is good at the Stride camp, of course your source could probably tell you that.

If you would, next time you want to speak with me about things this sensitive, send me a PM.

Gary Belin
Stride

Wow! your in the know? With whom?

I'm not quite sure how to respond to this message, as it's pretty vague, and I feel I'm being talked down to by a psychiatrist, but thanks for the free advice.

If it makes you feel any better, I can assure you that all of the members of Stride (including me) are quite aware of the psychological issues involved with the music industry as we've been in it for 20 plus years. Were also aware of the way people feel about us, and it means alot. I can tell you that everything is good at the Stride camp, of course your source could probably tell you that.

If you would, next time you want to speak with me about things this sensitive, send me a PM.

Gary Belin
Stride

I say those things, because I know you guys are fantastic, and I don't want a great band to fold just because. I hope you don't think I'm trying to talk down to you guys. I just wanna keep you guys convinced that this band is absolutely worth it in every way, cuz it is.

And my source's info was quite dated and now is very irrelevant to this whole discussion. I'm glad that whatever the internal conflict was, it has been resolved and you guys are gonna keep rockin. Cuz no matter what, that's the only rumor that matters.

Trust me when I say, I didn't wanna piss you off by saying that publicly. I just wanted to say how I feel about bands and how all the good ones seem to come and go, yet the crappy ones stick around for far too long.

Cool?

I say those things, because I know you guys are fantastic, and I don't want a great band to fold just because. I hope you don't think I'm trying to talk down to you guys. I just wanna keep you guys convinced that this band is absolutely worth it in every way, cuz it is.

And my source's info was quite dated and now is very irrelevant to this whole discussion. I'm glad that whatever the internal conflict was, it has been resolved and you guys are gonna keep rockin. Cuz no matter what, that's the only rumor that matters.

Trust me when I say, I didn't wanna piss you off by saying that publicly. I just wanted to say how I feel about bands and how all the good ones seem to come and go, yet the crappy ones stick around for far too long.

Cool?

Thanks for the words.

I can assure you that we all take this very seriously, and would never break up for nothing. Joel, Matt, Rick (not forgetting Mike, you rule Mike) and I have been playing and recording together since 1990, and we have a genuine interest in each others lives. We have been through hard times and great times (Bon Jovi, Prog Power, etc), and thus have many memories.

I can tell you that in general, I am the catalyst of pushing the band where it is today (not touring). I want that said so that those out there that care, understand that Joel and Matt would be on a whirlwind tour by now if it weren't for me. I can tell you, If things were to change financially for the prog industry, then Stride would be on the road. Let's hope that happens.

Finally.... As I said above, I appreciate your kind words and hope we can bring you and everybody else a great third album. I can tell you that it will be heavier.:headbang: