TFOG challenge! Best mix will be used in music video + gets reward

Here's my vision of the song. Super catchy chorus and song in general, I really liked it! Kick got replaced but the rest of the kit is what was recorded (with all sorts of nice parallel stuff going on) as was wished! I ended up reamping the guitars to get the sound I was looking for. Thanks for listening!

Hey PJ - I am intending to submit a mix for you, but I'm having to fit it in around a load of editing work I've got on at the moment. It'll be early next week. Great song btw and thanks for sharing.

Here's my mix for the competition. Drums tracks were good I just replaced the kick with my own samples and renforced the snare with a room sample! I also reamped the guitar tracks (Peavy 5150 Mesa cab 4x12 OS sm 57)
Love the vocals !
I went for a punchy and "airy" mix hope you'll like it!
Cheers!

Reactions: PJ Sonaj

Here's my mix! I replaced the kick with a sample of an 18"x22" Tama Starclassic Bubinga, and re-amped the guitar tracks with a JCM 800 on the left, and a Plexi on the right, but everything else is the original tracks. Hope you like it!

Kick was replaced, but it wasn't THAT distorted or something that's not usable (although with reaper in some zoom stages it showed fucked up waveform)
Turned out way better than I thought it will, because I'm not that good when that many stuff goes at once .
I don't see any reason to share what I did unless I'm chosen, otherwise what's use of information on something that's not good enough.

alright, here´s mine, "ready" just before vacation :D
Might do a revision next week though, I´m not completely satisfied yet.

(private link)

No drum replacement, no silly editing to-grid. Rock´n Roll, dudes :headbang:
Rhythm guitars have been re-amped with Thermionik and Recabinet 5 to complement the provided tracks (the originals are still the main guitar tracks). Bass was processed with Overloud Mark Studio 2 (R500 + NY122).

Guitars Reamped with Peavey xxx and Tube Screamer thru Marshall 1960 Cab and SM57 into a Helios Preamp.

Replaced Kick and added a snare room track to the drums. Nothing else was replaced.

Last edited:
Hey,
My favorite ones among the posted are mix by nervirasme (the drums sound cool, Metal Machine?) and rapucore's one (like the overall balance and vibe).
Mine is on the finishing stage currently. :)