TFOG challenge! Best mix will be used in music video + gets reward

I decided to sneak in with a last minute final entry :)
The chorus reminds me of Velvet Revolver and I got a Marshall Vintage Modern last week which is what Slash used for Velvet Revolver so......
MXR Custom Badass OD into cranked Vintage Modern into 4x12 greenback cab. single SM57 to 1073 mic pre \m/

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ Sonaj
Did an alternative version today - more like a modern rock mix. I don't think either is better or worse - they're just different. Choose which one you like:

Reactions: PJ Sonaj
<3

Okay guys! We've reached the contest deadline and we'd like to thank for all the submissions, you kick ass :) Now we'll need a few days to have a good listen to all the mixes to pick the winner, we'll also try to share our thoughts on the mixes.

In the meanwhile, we encourage everyone here to check them out/drop a few lines as well! Which one do you like and why? What could be improved in that mix? Don't hesitate to comment on bad things in mixes as well.. as long as it's constructive :)

Feedback time!

Have you made your decision yet? :) I am nterested in listening to the winning mix for educational purposes :)

Heya!

Sorry it took us so long, it was crazy going through all the mixes and managing to stay objective. We would like to announce the most sausage-breaking (winning) mix is by Rapucore! He managed not only to bring the elements of the song, levels and compression to a good balance, but also gave the song an unusual character. Also totally nailed the vocals!

Here's my vision of the song. Super catchy chorus and song in general, I really liked it! Kick got replaced but the rest of the kit is what was recorded (with all sorts of nice parallel stuff going on) as was wished! I ended up reamping the guitars to get the sound I was looking for. Thanks for listening!

The choice was tough and competition strong. Feedback for other mixes is coming soon :)

Thank you all for participating!

The competition was indeed strong! I'm glad to hear I still got the sausage-breaking magic. :lol:

Many thanks!

Heya, sorry it's taking so long. I don't really have time to summarize the feedback because I'm learning for finals for my master's degree. I have them on thursday so then I should finally be able to provide it :)

Reactions: TRUIE and Reaper421