Thank you and Good Night

Seems fruitless to fight technology but I don't really know anyone who enjoys listening to bad bootleg recordings either. I guess they're out there. Some live recording by a guy with a stereo mic set in his hat is no match for being at the show. Most people probably listen to it once, see that it's crap, and never pull it up again.

If cameras will be banned, why not hire a pro photographer or two to document the event in its entiretly and post the photos as the festival is going on? I'd rather see some good shots taken by pros than everyone's blurry shots from 20 rows back.

Banning cameras takes some of the friendly atmosphere away from the festival. I saw tons of people taking photos of friends and band members they'd met out in the hallways throughout the weekend. Film cameras? Ugh. I wouldn't push back against the fans too much - just ask Lars Ulrich about how that turns out.

It would be cool to sell official live CDs of the band's sets from the festival, recorded from the board. See a set you liked? Buy a CD of the best quality version that could exist for $10-15 almost immediately following the performance. That's a business opportunity that people are filling nowadays.

Would also be cool to have live webcasts from the fest with interviews, etc. So many places to go with a festival...Just some ideas. Thanks to Glenn for making it all possible and pulling off another great one.

To Mr. Glenn, Shane, Deron, and crew,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a kick ass show! This was my first time to ProgPower and I had a blast!

Thank you to everyone that came up and introduced themselves to me. It was a pleasure to to meet and chat with so many people. I also wanted to thank the people that were extra kind and did not "throw stones" in regards to the "Mag 9 incident" (as I like to call it) from last year's ProgPower.

Conception blew me away. This was my first time hearing them. I ran out and grabbed whatever CD's I could from them.

It's too bad that so many people were trying to bootleg at this year's show. Once again, here are the BAD eggs messing it up for everyone else.

So now I'm off to practing my begging skills and try to contact Mr. Shane to see about getting Section 16 at the Pre Party next year!

Hell, maybe even next time .....I'd love to see Balance of Power with Corey Brown on vocals at next year's show!

Glenn, you rock! :worship:
\m/

Thank you,
Ian Ringler
Section 16
www.sectionxvi.com

I'm pretty sure Glenn already hires people to take pictures (which is where the photos in the Gallery section on the site come from). Hired or not, there were plenty of VIP people in front of the barrier getting pictures all night.

It's obviously a really big deal with people bootlegging the shows, or Glenn wouldn't have banned the digital cameras, what with so many people having them. There's all kinds of legal stuff, and there might be some kind of legal trouble for Glenn if people are selling bootlegs. And if a band that doesn't want to be taped is playing, they'd be pretty pissed if people were selling the show. Not a good way to encourage stubborn bands to play here. If it's what has to be done, it's what has to be done.

I've seen a lot of discussion with other bands about stuff like being able to see a concert, and then buy the pro-recording of it as you walk out of the venue. I'm not sure that the technology/cost ratio is quite there yet, especially with things like Prog-Power where you would need to press a whole bunch of albums for 10 different bands in a very very short period of time to be worth it. I think it will be moving in that direction very soon though...

I had a blast Glenn -- thanks!

PP6-6.JPG

MISTER PINK BUNNY and GLENN

Again, a heart-felt THANK YOU and your crew goes to Glenn for another great yearly tradition. The guys did a great job. :worship:

Well, like I always say, there's always 1 A$$HOLE in every group, in this case 1% !!!!!!! Fukin bootlegers, fuk em'!! :mad: When there's rules, SOMEONE is gonna break em'. Just a matter of time till Glenn pulled the plug on digital. Guess I need to dust off the old 35mm's for next year....not a prob, lookin forward to using them again!!!

I noticed myself running around this year doing something different.
I made it a point to thank the crew, and/or band members, for doin a great job, and giving us all a great weekend, year after year.I relize that they are tired of signing $hit, pictures, etc....so I left that to others.....I just wanted to thank them and shake their hand. When you go to a festival, and see/talk to guys from bands that are NOT EVEN PLAYIN THAT YEAR, THAT is cool. Just shows how great this weekend is!!!
I also made it a point to be a lil forward(which is NOT me at all) and introduce my self to other forum members that I recognized. It was great to actually meet you guys/girls face to face. If I offened, sorry, drunk happens...LOL. But all seemd eager to talk...that is why we love this weekend....

GLENN, thanks again....enjoy some well deserved rest!!

80's AL :kickass:

Glenn you did an awesome job.

Usually I'm a prissy little prog bitch about the lineup, but this years lineup was extremely satisfying.

Well run as usual. Kudos to you and the crew.

Joe

This first paragraph will be my only negative rant, and that is to the 17 bootleggers that have ruined digital cameras for the rest of us. I'm a single parent, and last year spent a great amount of money for the latest version that Canon had out, researched it to make sure it would give me quality photos, and it took me a year to pay it off. I wanted one so that I could take PP photos that I would know immediately if they had turned out or not (after previous years of getting film developed and finding out that some shots didn't turn out well). Thanks for putting your selfish wants before 2,000 other peoples (if you hadn't caught on by now, that was sarcasm!) ASSHOLES!

Now for the most important part, the thank you to Glenn for putting on this show. Many of you know that I buried my mother 2.5 weeks before attending Progpower. I cannot express to you all how great it felt to be in the company of familiar faces and meeting new people and being able to just feel like a normal person again. I know we have a fellow PP attendee that is currently dealing with the loss of a parent and my heart goes out to you buddy! I thank everyone that took time to just say hello, offer a hug or give me a great laugh (Like Bear humming/gurggling the Gilligan's Island theme with a chicken wing in his mouth - trust me you had to be there folks!)

I'm thankful for a weekend of great music that gave me the opportunity to escape my thoughts and the occasional tune that helped me work through my pain. It was nice to see someone from across the room and see a big smile and a wave. The fellowship that Progpower creates is amazing!

And btw, hell really did freeze over because Dubya gave me a hug on the first day - MIRACLES TRULY DO HAPPEN!

Also, a big thank you to the lady seamstress, Cristen, who made me the most beautiful corset so that I could take part in Corset Night. You can't see me in these shots because Mr. Glenn is blocking me, but there will be others where you can see me.

I love you all (except for the 17 Assholes)

Oh and one more touching point of Progpower. I was sitting next to a very nice couple on the right-hand, upper side of the auditorium during Orphaned Land. When we spoke the first thing the man asked me was "Do you know where the man is in the wheelchair who usually sits here and banging his head." Given what I had just gone through with my mom a moment of panic came over me and I said "No, I hope he's ok..." About 5 minutes after Orphaned Land's set was over, I saw the man in the wheelchair and told him we were all worried that he wasn't there. He told me that Mr. Harveston had made arrangements for him to sit in the sound box area, so he could have a full view of the show!!!!

I'm telling you, Progpower is amazing! We are fans with big hearts and I'm glad to see that the promoter is that way as well!

The guy that started the mosh pits for Strat, Therion, and tried to for Manticora was this dude who looked like a fatter sloppier version of Ron Jeremy--he was wearing a poncho sized t-shirt Saturday night with the British Flag on it. He seemed very happy to have caused so much hate and discontent. Thanks a lot, asshole. It would be a good idea to either not come back or change your attitude, because I will remember you next year and point you out to every security gaurd the second I see you.

I also pointed out a guy recording the show on a digital camera that can take one hour of footage on a single memory card...and he was NOT someone you would normally see at a festival like this: older guy, glasses, NOT wearing a concert shirt--basically someone who was gonna sell the recording on Ebay.

I have a real issue with not being able to use a digital camera since I just spent 350 dollars buying one specifically for this show. Glenn RULES, however, so I will just have to live with it, learn how to take good shots indoors with my wife's EOS Rebel, and bring a different camera bag next year.

I guess I am so used to the pit starting since I am a death metal fan that I sometimes don't even notice it. it is kind of weird for a show like this though.

Glenn,

I had an incredible time at the festival. As a fellow promoter/producer, I am sorry that once again, certain selfish individuals had to take the shine off of what would have been a near-flawless festival. Although the digital camera ban is discouraging, I understand it and will respect your decision. Keep fighting the good fight! You are doing a wonderful thing for the metal community.

Always in your corner,
Nathan

Edu_Falaschi said:
I'll to disagree w/ u guys but i think most of the ppl that were tapping the concerts were probably doing for their own use. There is no reason to jump on these guys like you did.

Glenn was very clear that people with videocameras would be ejected and their tapes confiscated. This policy was stated clearly back in January. Many gambled and they lost. They knew what the punishment would be if they got caught. And everyone who was caught got what they deserved and should not be the least bit surprised at it.

CodePoet said:
Banning cameras takes some of the friendly atmosphere away from the festival. I saw tons of people taking photos of friends and band members they'd met out in the hallways throughout the weekend. Film cameras? Ugh. I wouldn't push back against the fans too much - just ask Lars Ulrich about how that turns out.

I interpreted Glenn's post as saying that traditional film cameras (with flash) WILL be allowed next year. Even inexpensive disposable cameras are great for getting pics of friends and band members in the hallways.

Did you also confiscate these fuckers' cameras? Cuz they don't deserve to go home with them either! Taking the film ain't enough! I'd love to hear all the whiny fuckers crying, "Waaah they stole my new camera waaaah!" I can imagine some of them having to explain to mommy and daddy why they didn't bring home their cameras! LOL!

Also... any criminal prosecutions? Any legal ramifications? Any Full-Metal-Jacket-Soap-In-A-Towel beatdowns?

I figured the time of no digital cameras was fast approaching. Now comes the fun part, how do you keep them out of the show. As you pointed out, they are getting incrediably small and easier to hide. Short of doing a pat-down search, the only way to detect them is from the light of the view screen. And that view screen can be manually turned off. Of course, you can't aim the camera very well without it, but it's an option on every camera.

I deliberately left my digital camera behind this year since I didn't want to be accused of taking moving images. Besides, my experience with still digital photos at concerts is about 10% decent and the rest are dark and/or blurry.

In the end, I support your decision Glenn. The multiple view screens are almost as distracting as the moshers and the long-haired headbangers whipping their hair around.

My OH my!! thank you so much Glenn, Shane, Deron, staff, crew, bands and fans I HAD THE GREATEST VACATION EVER!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Everyone was so friendly! Thank you all for making my first PP an amazing weekend! Now that you have set the bar.....can't wait till next year!