Thanking Opeth For A Wonderful Concert Run This Past Year.....

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
Having the distinct privaledge of seeing Opeth 4 times this past year, and listening to Mikael in Worcester right before playing Demon of the Fall, stating that this song would be the last time hearing them live for a couple of years, as they take time off and then return to the studio to write their next album - all I can say is THANKS OPETH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opeth has provided me with 8 hours of bliss - experiences I'll never forget. Masters of their craft, the "almighty Opeth" (as many opening acts have called them) performs on stage for me. The gutwrench when I first heard my all-time favorite song live - The Drapery Falls. Seeing them perform at Berklee with Porcupine Tree in a different environment than normal for a metal band - mesmerizing. The outtro to Deliverence live - WOW. The "extended" live version of Closure. The Moor, April Ethereal, Bleak, Blackwater Park - songs I loved on the album, brought to me live and in person, and performed in my eyes flawlessly. The only band I know who can play for near two hours and only need to play 10 or so songs.

They deserve a break - they have given us, those who were able to see them perform live, memories that will stick and not fade. I can listen to their CD's, and shake my head in awe remembering them playing the song I'm listening to live.

THANK YOU OPETH :headbang:

true indeed metalman, opeth deserves much respect for the amount of touring they have been doing over the last few years. MIKAEL put the crowed (ignorant ones) in there place when he said that this will be there last time performing for a while and the crowed booed, then he said well i could release a really shitty album in a few weeks. lol

indeed, Thank You Opeth...especially for those that have missed them in the past, doing another U.S. tour was awesome!

Yeah, it truly was amazing, they have made millions of fans in this past year, especially in the US. It is really special for me, because I haven't even been into Opeth for a year yet, and I have had the chance to see them twice already, which is very special for me, and will definitely keep this wonderful, wonderful band in my top bands, as if they weren't number 1 for me already.

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Yeah, it truly was amazing, they have made millions of fans in this past year, especially in the US. It is really special for me, because I haven't even been into Opeth for a year yet, and I have had the chance to see them twice already, which is very special for me, and will definitely keep this wonderful, wonderful band in my top bands, as if they weren't number 1 for me already.
Millions?!?:OMG:

I only got to see them twice out of the three times they came to Toronto, but it was definitely FUCKING worth every penny / second it took. All sucking up aside, this band is the best thing ever! :D (To hopefully avoid some of the flaming that is inevitable on this board these days, this is my opinion. I'm not trying to say that Opeth is better than YOUR favourite band, just that this is my opinion.) Let's hope they get some rest, Mike can spend some time with his lovely looking new wife, and they'll write a killer new album, hopefully before too long, and be on the road again to make us go fucking insane again :D