That DAmn Mtv Icon shat!

Heart_of_PrismFLAMES

Couldn't Stop For Death..
May 7, 2003
North
Visit site
I didn't intend on watching mtv's metallica icon show..not at all...but i flicked through the channels and caught the end of their act...

and i couldn't stop watching

I think it was the blood lust in me...like watching a train reck....so so tragic...yet i can't help but be a rubber necker

Oh man, those little shits in Sum 41 should be killed for pretending to like heavy metal when they make Blink 182-rip off pop punk.

MURAI said:
Oh man, those little shits in Sum 41 should be killed for pretending to like heavy metal when they make Blink 182-rip off pop punk.
The only two that pulled off somewhat of a guitar solos were the two Canadian bands...
Must've been the S.A.R.S.
Korn was a joke.
Limp was well Limp.
I don't understand why they didn't get some REAL bands
doing some Metallica$h?!:p

No real bands would want to? Did you listen to the whopping 2 minute clip LARD and company left us?

Or the 20 second sound clip from their site? Hey Lard, ya think we want your freaking 20 second clip? What a farce, these guys know they lost so many fans and this is just a way to get them back. But with that lame ass MTV crap show, they ended up kicking themselves down again.

Sorry to all you heavy duty Metallica fans but 'Tallica (as they like to be called) blow Chunks. Or Bubbles.

I don't think they've lost many fans, concidering it has sold 100 million records. I still like Metallica, after all the crap, I still like their albums up to Metallica. I watched the show. It's sad, though, they just had to pick the worst crap to play metallica songs. I mean, they could've gotten popular rock bands, but no, they had to get the WORST popular rock bands. I'm just crossing fingers for St. Anger to be a return to pre-Black Album Metallica, but that won't happen. Oh well.

Stoner Rock Chick said:
No real bands would want to? Did you listen to the whopping 2 minute clip LARD and company left us?

Or the 20 second sound clip from their site? Hey Lard, ya think we want your freaking 20 second clip? What a farce, these guys know they lost so many fans and this is just a way to get them back. But with that lame ass MTV crap show, they ended up kicking themselves down again.

Sorry to all you heavy duty Metallica fans but 'Tallica (as they like to be called) blow Chunks. Or Bubbles.
I guess you won't be taking a risk by picking up the new disc then, eh?:p

Shit i just watched icon for the first time on mtv here. I thought id find the funny side of it but my dad actually had to calm me down because i was so infuriated. Ok yeah Metallica are a bunch of wanky assholes now but in my view they are one of the most influential and important heavy metal bands ever and it was just a degrading disgrace to see people like Avril Lavigne, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Sum 41 etc... completely slaughtering great songs just because they want to seem all "cool" and "rock n roll" because they're doing a tribute to a band that i very much doubt they know anything about before Reload etc... especially Avril. I dont know if im alone here or not in thinking that it was a disgrace...